Do you think Hitler actually killed himself or did he really go into hiding?

I personally am undecided about this because there is sufficient evidence to suggest he did not kill himself. But, whether he went into hiding or was secretly captured by the Russians is unknown. Regardless, the Russians were the ones there when he supposedly killed himself, and yet the skull they produced as being Hitler's was tested and it actually belonged to a female! What do you think?

Favorite Answer

No as from 2009 when the Skull and Jawbone was tested No One found Hitlers or Eva's Body

i love this one

Hermann Karnau, an S.S. bodyguard of the Fuehrer who escaped the bunker and tried to return to it at the last moment, said; 'I tried to get back through into the bunker through the emergency exit when I saw about 20

metres away from me the bodies of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun.

'They had been set on fire. When I went to the spot early in the evening to try to move them into a hollow in the ground, they disintegrated.

'I recognised that it was Hitler from his uniform and his distinctive moustache. I had seen the Fuehrer alive that morning sitting in his favourite wicker chair. Later in the day, before the suicides, I recalled seeing four men arrive with gasoline cans which they said was for the air conditioning system inside the bunker.

the Air Conditioning Motor was a diesel Not Petrol

and I recognized Hitler By His Uniform and Mustache Hitlers Doubles wore the same Uniforms and had the same Mustache

one witness reported seeing a gunshot wound in Hitler's mouth, while others claimed it was near the corner of his eye some even hinted that Hitler's butler strangled him and forced a cyanide capsule into his mouth and the last Living witness says Hitler was dead face down on the Coffee table and eh could Not see his face

Pick a card, any card. One witness described finding the body of Hitler perched limp next to a dead Eva Braun on an elongated, upholstered sofa. But another found Hitler's corpse sitting alone near a corner, on a chair

or face down on the Table ? ?

1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower said: "We have been unable to unearth one bit of tangible evidence of Hitler's death. Many people believe that Hitler escaped from Berlin." When President Truman asked Joseph Stalin at the Potsdam conference in 1945 whether or not Hitler was dead, Stalin replied bluntly, 'No.' Stalin's top army officer, Marshall Gregory Zhukov, whose troops were the ones to occupy Berlin, flatly stated after a long thorough investigation in 1945: "We have found no corpse that could be Hitler's." The chief of the U.S. trial counsel at Nuremberg, Thomas J. Dodd, said: "No one can say he is dead." Major General Floyd Parks, who was commanding general of the U.S. sector in Berlin, stated for publication that he had been present when Marshall Zhukov described his entrance to Berlin, and Zhukov stated he believed Hitler might have escaped. Lt. Gen. Bedell Smith, Chief of Staff to Gen. Eisenhower in the European invasion and later Director of the CIA, stated publicly on Oct. 12, 1945, "No human being can say conclusively that Hitler is dead." Col. W.J. Heimlich, former Chief, United States Intelligence, at Berlin, stated for publication that he was in charge of determining what had happened to Hitler and after a thorough investigation his report was: "There was no evidence beyond that of HEARSAY to support the THEORY of Hitler's suicide." He also stated, "On the basis of present evidence, no insurance company in America would pay a claim on Adolph Hitler." Nuremberg judge Michael Mussmanno said in his book "Ten Days to Die," "Russia must accept much of the blame [to the extent that it still exists] that Hitler did not die in May 1945.

On 30th of April, 1945, Berlin was in dissolution but little of that dissolution was evident at Templehof Airfield. At 4:15 p.m. a JU52 landed and S.S. troops directly from Rechlin for the defense of Berlin disembarked, all of them young, not older than 18 years. "The gunner in the particular plane was an engineer by the name of B... whom I had known for a number of years and for whom I had endeavored to get exemption from military service. He sought to tank up and leave Berlin as quickly as possible. During this re-fueling interval Mr. B... was suddenly elbowed in the ribs by his radio operator with a nod to look in a certain direction. "At about 100-120 meters he saw a sleek Messerschmitt Jet Model 332 [an editorial comment says this should be an ARADO 234]. Mr. B.. and the radio operator saw, and WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER, standing in front of the jet, their Commander in Chief, Adolf Hitler, dressed in field-grey uniform and gesticulating animatedly with some Party functionaries, who were obviously seeing him off. "For about ten minutes whilst their plane was being refueled the two men observed this scene and around 4:30 p.m. they took to the air again. They were extremely astonished to hear during the midnight military news bulletin, some seven and a half hours later, that Hitler had committed suicide.

the witnesses could not have gotten together afterward and made up a story that agreed in perfect detail

without one flaw anywhere, so they must be telling the truth and he was absolutely convinced that Hitler committed suicide.

The story at first sounds convincing, until you realized that they could have memorized a story

BEFOREHAND and these were all people who almost WORSHIPPED Hitler.

Do witnesses EVER agree "perfectly" in detail in real life? No

• Many Stars
      5 years agoReport

Interesting answer. Thank you, I enjoyed reading. And thanks to all you gave their opinions!

• Laredo

Yes I do believe that Hitler killed himself. There is no way that he would have allowed himself to be taken alive by the Allies, and as it was the Russians that were closer to Berlin he made sure that he would be dead before they arrived giving his staff instructions before he committed suicide.

Hitler could not go into hiding anywhere in the world someone would have recognised him. Even if he had escaped to South America, everyone has a price and someone would have betrayed him. Again Hitler did not want to be taken alive, so suicide was his best bet.

He killed himself.

If there was even the slightest doubt,there's no way Stalin would have let it rest.If the Soviet Union had captured Hitler,there was no way they would have kept it secret,it would have been too big a propaganda coup to put him on public trial in the Soviet Union.

Finally,he could not have gone into hiding without help and that means at least some people would have known,and one of them would have said so publicly long before now,if only for the publicity and money it would bring them.

• Tim D

There's no doubt whatsoever that Hitler committed suicide at the end of the war in his Berlin Furherbunker.

At least three witnesses--Axmann, Gunsche and Linge testified after the war that they saw Hitler dead with eva braun-Hitler. Others saw the bodies burning in the garden outside the emergency exit.

The Russians found Hitler's lower jawbone and upper dental bridge, identified as belonging to Hitler by dental technician Kathe Heseurmann and Dr Blashke.

This evidence is not to be confused with nonsense in the appropriately named Operation Myth file, including the skull fragment. That didn't belong to Hitler and was NOT what was used to identify him.

It is impossible, that a person like Hitler could hide himself , or be captured secretly.

Well I can tell you this. I'm sure he's dead by now one way or another. Because he could not be 129 years old right now. Just aint happening. There's a very good chance he's in hell.

i do not think he killed himself i think he and ava brown escaped to argintina or how ever its spelled a double killed himself and was burnt.my opinion

Lccocicococovofifi

I think he really went into hiding and he's not alive right now.

• Jason

are male and female skulls different?

anyway

you say theres evidence for him not dying

no there isnt

what you mean is theres an absence of clear evidence for him dying

quite different

your reasoning is what the religious folk use

• Jason
      5 years agoReport

shirl - just reading on identifying sex of a skull - hardly definitive - as for your assessment of my reasoning - pfft - I suspect you were only compelled to answer because I threw in a quip about the religious

well if he didnt kill himself, he is going to die soon because of old age