Questions about first time home buying and VA Loans?

My husband and I are looking to use his VA loan to purchase a home. We were approved for the amount of the house, but we have a few questions. As the mortgage payment on the home would be about 200 more than our current rent payment, we need to tie some loose ends elsewhere to make up the difference in our budget.... show more My husband and I are looking to use his VA loan to purchase a home. We were approved for the amount of the house, but we have a few questions.
As the mortgage payment on the home would be about 200 more than our current rent payment, we need to tie some loose ends elsewhere to make up the difference in our budget. We have a loan for 4000, and furniture financed currently through Ashley furniture with a balance of 2500. If we were able to borrow the extra 6500 to pay those items off, thus meaning we would no longer have those 2 bills coming out, that would make up for the 200 difference in price, and we could very easily manage the mortgage payment. So, is it possible to borrow slightly more? The house is worth approximately 190k, asking price is 160k. So we still wouldn't be exceeding the home value itself. However, I've read that only extra money for renovations is allowed, not for other things. But I've also heard that you CAN in fact borrow slightly more, as long as it doesn't exceed a certain percentage of the home's value. Obviously, we've never purchased a house before in this sense. We owned a singlewide when we were 18, but thats a lot simpler when you're paying cash out right for something than it is when you're financing for 30+ years. ANY information would be very awesome!! Thank you in advance!
Update: Just adding: Price does include taxes and insurance. So VA Loan would not work in this case, but would another finance option allow for no downpayment as a VA loan does? Utilities, travel, and extra expenses or savings involved with moving have been considered as well, and where we'll save a lot in some areas... show more Just adding:
Price does include taxes and insurance.
So VA Loan would not work in this case, but would another finance option allow for no downpayment as a VA loan does?
Utilities, travel, and extra expenses or savings involved with moving have been considered as well, and where we'll save a lot in some areas and spend a bit extra in others, it pretty much balances out.
Hate the idea of wasting money on rent if buying is a feasible option.