Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 6 years ago

Aircast or ace bandage for sprained ankle?

Sprained my ankle pretty badly should I buy an Aircast brace or ace bandage? What are the benefits of each? If it matters I will be on crutches and not putting any weight on my ankle

Favorite Answer

Ace bandage for now. It is much lighter when lifting it up. When you need a boot, get aircast, it help you walk and your ankle will heal faster once you can put any weight in it. For now use an ace bandage.

Source(s): Learned about injury a couple years back

I would go with an ace bandage. Put ice on it for 24 hours and you don't need to be on crutches but if it is causing extreme discomfort I would. If it still hurts I would call your doctor :)

Source(s): I have a detached ligament that causes me to sprain my ankle a lot