Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Muse vs. Green Day?

Rock & Pop, which band do you prefer, and why? Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of either of those bands, but I like Green Day more.

BQ: Which album do you prefer, and why: Origin of Symmetry by Muse, or Dookie by Green Day.

BQ2: Which band suffered a bigger decline in quality, in your opinion: Muse, or Green Day.

BQ3: Do you think that Muse & Coldplay should be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame someday?

BQ4: How would you react if bands such as Blink-182, Paramore, Fall Out Boy & My Chemical Romance were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ryan
    Lv 5
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Green Day were once among my favorites of all time, but my music taste has changed drastically within the past year. I still like them, but I don't put them upon on the pedestal I used to. It's really almost a tie, but I think at this point, I'll still say Green Day. I'm really liking Muse, but I haven't really gotten into them quite enough yet to choose them over Green Day (although that may be the case, eventually).

BQ: Dookie. It's my favorite Green Day album (my favorite Muse album is Absolution) and it has got some nice, catchy, and even some relatable songs.

BQ2: Green Day. In the way I perceive it, they practically turned from actually punk-influenced pop punk to annoying pop punk, in the style of Fall Out Boy, with their recent trilogy (although I honestly dismiss the Green Day Punk vs. Pop Punk argument and just label them alternative rock). Muse's 'The 2nd Law' had a few good tracks, and their new song, 'Psycho', was good.

BQ3: Muse are definitely a talented band. Coldplay were good but have just been an annoying pop band since Mylo Xyloto. I could understand Muse going in there one day, but not Coldplay if they keep up the crap they're doing.

BQ4: I would hate it (although I, admittedly and unfortunately, used to love MCR when I was in middle school a couple of years ago), but who cares what the R&RHOF says nowadays? There's not The Cure (my personal favorite band of all time), but there's Madonna?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Not really a fan of either bands either, but IMO early Muse was better than early Green Day.

BQ: Origin of Symmetry. It was just a lot more sophisticated and original than Dookie. Muse really did have some good ideas when they first started.

BQ2: Both turned out to be pretty terrible, but I think I have to say Green Day turned out to be the sh*ttiest.

BQ3: I still think Muse should be commended for their early work. Coldplay hasn't really done anything significant but bore the masses tbh.

BQ4: If I were to care about the rock & roll hall of fame, id still think Blink-182 would deserve a spot in there for all the people they influenced. They were pretty much the first pop punk band that was more pop than punk so they're a pretty big deal. The other bands deserve no recognition though.

• 6 years ago

I am a SUPERMASSIVE Muser and I love some Green Day songs,such as 21 Guns,Boulevard of broken Dreams,Wake me up When September ends,etc.I think that both are just great in their own way,since they don t make exactly the same subgenre of rock,I can t compare those two!! The only think I can say is that both of them are awesome at what they do and I hope that they ll keep on doing this for decades and give us some more good music!Muse and Green Day, just keep on rocking!!!:D

B1:OoS,it s just pure magic and has songs such as Plug in Baby and New Born!

B2:Both of them declined the same in quality,I think,but I really have hopes that they ll come to their senses soon!

B3:I am not sure about Coldplay,their music is...I don t know....Pop-rock,not rock...Muse are not pop-rock,so there are more chances of them going there,I guess.I wouldn t be that surprised if they did,but I would be pretty shocked if Coldplay did.

B4:Definitely surprised.Artists such as Joan Jett go there,and those bands that you mentioned are not at that level yet!Still,that s just my opinion!

• 6 years ago

I can take or leave either. I like 'American Idiot' and 'Origin Of Symmetry' but I wouldn't walk to the end of my garden to see either live.

BQ: 'Origin Of Symmetry' I love big dynamic pop and enjoyed this, reminds me a lot Sparks. I've never rated 'Dookie' it's about as punk as my cat.

BQ2: Muse probably promised a little more than Green Day and didn't really deliver.

BQ3: Sadly I can see Coldplay getting in there.

BQ4: The Smiths aren't in there but the lady who sang 'Rocking Around The Xmas Tree' is. I have nothing to say.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Green Day, by far.

BQ1: Dookie

BQ2: Muse

BQ3: Coldplay yes! Muse... maybe.

BQ4: I will be fine, they deserve cause they have a lot of fans.

• 6 years ago

Muse.

• Jo
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw4fl

muse...anyday. Diverse sound, deep lyrics and ******* amazing live. Im sorry but green day are the most overrated band ever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.