Muse vs. Green Day?

Rock & Pop, which band do you prefer, and why? Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of either of those bands, but I like Green Day more.

BQ: Which album do you prefer, and why: Origin of Symmetry by Muse, or Dookie by Green Day.

BQ2: Which band suffered a bigger decline in quality, in your opinion: Muse, or Green Day.

BQ3: Do you think that Muse & Coldplay should be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame someday?

BQ4: How would you react if bands such as Blink-182, Paramore, Fall Out Boy & My Chemical Romance were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

• Ryan
    Favorite Answer

Green Day were once among my favorites of all time, but my music taste has changed drastically within the past year. I still like them, but I don't put them upon on the pedestal I used to. It's really almost a tie, but I think at this point, I'll still say Green Day. I'm really liking Muse, but I haven't really gotten into them quite enough yet to choose them over Green Day (although that may be the case, eventually).

BQ: Dookie. It's my favorite Green Day album (my favorite Muse album is Absolution) and it has got some nice, catchy, and even some relatable songs.

BQ2: Green Day. In the way I perceive it, they practically turned from actually punk-influenced pop punk to annoying pop punk, in the style of Fall Out Boy, with their recent trilogy (although I honestly dismiss the Green Day Punk vs. Pop Punk argument and just label them alternative rock). Muse's 'The 2nd Law' had a few good tracks, and their new song, 'Psycho', was good.

BQ3: Muse are definitely a talented band. Coldplay were good but have just been an annoying pop band since Mylo Xyloto. I could understand Muse going in there one day, but not Coldplay if they keep up the crap they're doing.

BQ4: I would hate it (although I, admittedly and unfortunately, used to love MCR when I was in middle school a couple of years ago), but who cares what the R&RHOF says nowadays? There's not The Cure (my personal favorite band of all time), but there's Madonna?

Not really a fan of either bands either, but IMO early Muse was better than early Green Day.

BQ: Origin of Symmetry. It was just a lot more sophisticated and original than Dookie. Muse really did have some good ideas when they first started.

BQ2: Both turned out to be pretty terrible, but I think I have to say Green Day turned out to be the sh*ttiest.

BQ3: I still think Muse should be commended for their early work. Coldplay hasn't really done anything significant but bore the masses tbh.

BQ4: If I were to care about the rock & roll hall of fame, id still think Blink-182 would deserve a spot in there for all the people they influenced. They were pretty much the first pop punk band that was more pop than punk so they're a pretty big deal. The other bands deserve no recognition though.

I am a SUPERMASSIVE Muser and I love some Green Day songs,such as 21 Guns,Boulevard of broken Dreams,Wake me up When September ends,etc.I think that both are just great in their own way,since they don t make exactly the same subgenre of rock,I can t compare those two!! The only think I can say is that both of them are awesome at what they do and I hope that they ll keep on doing this for decades and give us some more good music!Muse and Green Day, just keep on rocking!!!:D

B1:OoS,it s just pure magic and has songs such as Plug in Baby and New Born!

B2:Both of them declined the same in quality,I think,but I really have hopes that they ll come to their senses soon!

B3:I am not sure about Coldplay,their music is...I don t know....Pop-rock,not rock...Muse are not pop-rock,so there are more chances of them going there,I guess.I wouldn t be that surprised if they did,but I would be pretty shocked if Coldplay did.

B4:Definitely surprised.Artists such as Joan Jett go there,and those bands that you mentioned are not at that level yet!Still,that s just my opinion!

I can take or leave either. I like 'American Idiot' and 'Origin Of Symmetry' but I wouldn't walk to the end of my garden to see either live.

BQ: 'Origin Of Symmetry' I love big dynamic pop and enjoyed this, reminds me a lot Sparks. I've never rated 'Dookie' it's about as punk as my cat.

BQ2: Muse probably promised a little more than Green Day and didn't really deliver.

BQ3: Sadly I can see Coldplay getting in there.

BQ4: The Smiths aren't in there but the lady who sang 'Rocking Around The Xmas Tree' is. I have nothing to say.

Green Day, by far.

BQ1: Dookie

BQ2: Muse

BQ3: Coldplay yes! Muse... maybe.

BQ4: I will be fine, they deserve cause they have a lot of fans.

Muse.

• Jo

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw4fl

muse...anyday. Diverse sound, deep lyrics and ******* amazing live. Im sorry but green day are the most overrated band ever