Should it be child abuse to knowingly let a kid play with a toy gun with the colored tip removed?

Or at least child endangerment

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A toy gun? Child abuse? No, but in making it appear more like a real gun and allowing him to play with it you might be sending a bit of a confusing message making it harder for him to discern the difference between toy and dangerous weapon.

As I see Richard's answer I'm inclined to agree that allowing him to play with a toy gun that looks like a real one is a bad idea as (like Richard said) it could easily be mistaken for a really gun and cause a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

• 6 years ago

In my opinion no, but those tips are colored for a reason. Unless the toy gun looks so ridiculous that it can't possibly be mistaken for a real gun. Like this one-

Attachment image
  • 6 years ago

Not all toy guns are air soft replicas and come with an orange tip, my first real gun was a .410 I got when I was around 13-14.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

It would be irresponsible to allow a child out on the streets to play with a toy gun that could be mistaken for a real one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Why not?

Apparently it's also child abuse to let your kid go to the park without parents too. Pay attention to how many parents get their kids taken away for stupid reasons and add this one to the list.

• 6 years ago

No. Only an idiot can't tell the difference between a toy gun and a real one.

• 6 years ago

Not if the child is properly educated to never point it at a cop, and to always comply with the orders of officers

• y
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

The color tip is on there for a reason, too many accidents. So if one wants to set their kid up to be another statistic, sure, go ahead, allow them to remove it so they can pretend pointing it at people, who panic, and accidents happen.

• 6 years ago

That's the dumbest idea since decaffeinated coffee.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Toy guns have been known to abuse children...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.