Can anyone help me figure out how many overtime hours she had? (Business Math Question)?

So I'm working on a project for business math and so far, I've gotten everything correct, but I'm kind of stumped on this one. I've tried it several different ways and none of the answers seem right to me..

Hourly Rate [$9.95]

Regular Hours [40]

Overtime Hours 1.5[ ? ] 2[]

Straight-time Pay [$398.00]

Overtime Pay [$179.10]

Total Pay [$577.10]

I need to figure out how many overtime hours she had for the 1.5 overtime. (the box with the question mark is the answer I need to figure out).

Any help? Not looking for the straight answer, just looking for the equation that I can do that will lead to the correct answer. Thanks !

Favorite Answer

Her overtime pay would be equal to her hourly rate times 1.5. So 9.95*1.5 = 14.925. So that is what she would make per hour on overtime. To figure out how many overtime hours she worked you would divide her overtime pay by her overtime rate.

398 + 14.88 (overtime) = $402.88