Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Steam help?

I just got a physical copy of Morrowind from amazon. I downloaded it, and it installed steam. i don't want steam. is there a way to download the game to my compputer, so i can take off steam?

Favorite Answer

Ah well I think the copy you got is a steam copy probably. What that means unless you crack it (which I highly doubt is legal depending on whether you care about that or not) then the game most likely runs off steam. So no I don't think you can remove steam because it's probably tied to steam.

Source(s): I've had problems where a game is tied to a specific site before when trying to pirate games. Often before cracking them it would request me to install or sign into steam.
  • opurt

No. It uses Steam as part of itself.

It uses Steam for DRM and activation purposes. Also for updates to the game (thought at this point I doubt their will be any)

• Evan

ask the computer wiz next door