Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 years ago

Why are people so offended by the confederate flag?

Why are people so offended by the confederate flag??? Don't they know that it's no more offensive than the swastika and before you think I'm crazy the swastika is one of the oldest symbols of India and Pakistan and means different things depending on where you are in the eastern middle east and India. The swastika is unfortunately most famous for bieng the symbol of the evil Nazi party of Germany which murdered millions of Jews which is why people automatically associate it with them in the west. But besides that the confederate flag is a symbol of the confederacy and the confederate states of America during the civil war. So why do people always associate the symbol with racial hate towards blacks and the preference if keeping blacks as slaves rather than regional heritage in the United States. Is it because people are uneducated or is it because they have been taught to assume that all people in the American south who are proud of their heritage are racists and black people haters??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    5 years ago
    Best Answer

Since the US Civil War, racist hate groups have adopted the Stars & Bars as their symbol. So regardless of what you think of the Civil War and the flag's history in that war, racists have made is a symbol of racism, since then.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because people are Stupid I am a Brown australian and i Fly one as a Protest to Government Interferance in My Life

example in Victoria Motorcyclist 3 or more together are a gang No matter if the three have never met so 4 Motorcyclists sitting at Traffic lights are breaking the law

the CSA flag is a Protest

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

you said ' it's no more offensive than the swastika '

why are you offended by the confederate flag and the swastika?

And, very few people are familiar with oldest symbols of India and Pakistan

• 5 years ago

Simple, but you fail to see it or choose not to...the Confederate flag is s symbol of slavery.

The first official national flag of the Confederacy, often called the "Stars and Bars", was flown from March 4, 1861 to May 1, 1863. so clearly it is not a regional heritage, but a statement saying we are keeping slavery in spite of what the rest of the USA wants, and we will form our own country to keep it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

"It's no more offensive than the Swastika". Well Chuckles, in Western society the Nazi flag is offensive.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The swastika was created by hitler. He turned a symbol from India sideways to make the swastika

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

People are offended by it because people are not as stupid as you are. You are a willfully ignorant fuckbag. Go to hell.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

People are hypersensitve

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.