promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 years ago

Can I go to I college whilst a NavySEAL?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Grif
    Lv 6
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Can you? Yes.

But don't expect to be able to take a decent course load, or make a whole lot of headway. I knew several SEAL Instructors who while in Chicago, we're taking college classes. Now they had a pretty easy gig running the Dive Mo up at RTC, and that was their shore rotation. But other SEALs in other locations on other rotations will not have the luxury of being able to take as much classes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Whilst?

SEALS require a security clearance, which means you need to be a US citizen, not some Brit, Aussie, Canuck, or Kiwi that says 'whilst.'

Just messing with you.

You might be able to fit a course in here and there. You would need to balance it with home station training activities and deployments.

• The operational tempo of a Seal unit is extremely high...there is really no way to attend any type of real academic college while on active duty...even for me in a Marine front line combat unit it was impossible for me.

Source(s): a U.S. Marine vet who spent 11 months in Iraq in 2004-2005 (3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, attached to 31st MEU, Regimental Combat Team I), mostly in anbar province. I am now a multi degreed engineer and a doctoral candidate working for America's largest defense contractor.
  • 5 years ago

genaerally no

most have to wait till they are instructors at bud/s to find the time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.