If feminists succeed in banning MRAs from all social media would that be censorship?

Now the major social media outlets such as Facebook, Google (as a search engine), Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, and last but not least Yahoo Answers are tolerant of a wide range of opinions. These Social Media Giants have promised to crack down on controversial speech. Feminists will pressure them to ban all MRA and antifeminist material. If they succeed, would that be an end to Free Speech?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

Although I doubt that would ever happen or that it's even in the works.

However, if it does happen, I guess you'll either have to live with it or actually do something to try to change it. I've noticed that anti-feminists tend to be really good at complaining, but really bad at actually doing something about the things they don't like. They're also really good at coming up with all these worst case scenarios that never end up happening. I guess if there's nothing to complain about right now, it makes sense to them to make up something that might happen, lol.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Censorship should be used as little as possible and certainly most MRAs do not post censorable stuff. But I'm all for deleting those who forment hate and violence. If some MRAs spew hate against women - promoting men to murder their exes as has been done - then yes they should be censored. Promoting murder is not what the freedom of speech is about.

This is ugly stuff and has no place in a public forum. All major genocides in the 20th century were promoted by hate speech. Freedom of speech is not freedom to foment hate so others will take up that hate and hurt others. This has happened and those who promote hate when others die should not only be censored but charged with being an accessory to murder.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Not a chance in hell, heaven, or any other locale. MRAs barely registered as a phenomena only 5 years ago. Yet now, feminists everywhere are growing alarmed. The TRENDS are ALL in favor of MRAs.

• Quato
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Social Justice Warriors are PRO censorship, they're the new puritans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Yes, it would be censorship.

Feminists think they have the right to censor anything that might not help the female superiority cause.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.