Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 6 years ago

how do you go about finding out which extended car warranty companies are reputable?

Favorite Answer

If you're buying it for a new car, only buy a genuine factory extended warranty. Lot of dealers sell factory warranties online at a discount.

Non-factory warranties for new and used cars are pretty worthless. If you read the fine print, you'll see they exclude almost everything.

Read this post on warranties.

http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/extended-warr...

I'd just about never get an extended warranty. The only reason I would is because I'd buy a policy on purpose knowing I was going to use it to do a big repair on a vehicle that has common problems that I could see were going to be needing work on. If you really want to waste your money getting the policy do it at a car dealer that sells the make of car from the factory. They have reputations to uphold and have a little bit of credibility.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

It's like finding the brothel with the most blondes: even if you had valid information, what possible difference could it make?

• John

Talk to the Shop that you would use......if you need work...about what they would accept

They are all rip offs.