Blue Crabs, King Crab Legs or Dungeness Crab? What is your favorite and why?

Favorite Answer

Not fair.

I grew up with blue crabs - New Orleans crab boils, seafood gumbo, fried soft shell crab - how could I give them up?

King crab legs - I mean ... sweet and tender, and lots of places used to have all you can eat.

Dungeness crab - the king of the sea - I mean, perfection!

So, no, I can't pick a fave.

• Miss YumYums
      5 years agoReport

I live in the MidWest - a barren wasteland where the most exotic cuisine is chicken fried steak. Well, it's *almost* that bad. LOL Enjoy your crustacean! :D

all of them in different ways.

Blue, soft shell, fried

King Crab legs, steamed

Dungeness Stuffed or just boiled/steamed

And any crab that would bake a great crab cake.

Blue crab fried for me.

Husband likes Crab Legs best.

All crab is good. But for less work, King Crab Legs. It's just wonderful to get a good mouthful without having to pick it out of the shell or crack a claw. Big meaty pieces dipped in butter. I think I got a craving flung on me!

• james

Brown rock crabs. Butcher a chicken put some of the internals in my crab traps. Set them out. Chicken for diner crab for supper. Fresh and free. Like a large blue crab in size were I live. With luck might pick up a yellow lobster in the trap to go with them. That is dinning fine.

• BrownEyedGirl
      5 years agoReport

Ooh, that sounds good. I'm on the Atlantic now, and I occasionally see dungeness in the seafood shops, but I haven't seen a rock crab since I lived in California.

Dungeness Crab. I like the flavor

• Blonde

Blue Claw crabs caught in South Jersey bay, fresh. Gut them live, rinse then sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning and steam them in Ying Ling beer. Serve with melted butter on picnic table covered in newspaper, eat them until I'm sick..lol. *pick pick pick at the meat...mmmmm. Better than lobster, better than previously frozen King crab or dungeness..

• BrownEyedGirl
      5 years agoReport

So much better! The thing about blue crab is that I can only pick them for an hour or two tops. lol!

• JennyP

King Crab legs are my favorite.....especially with a rich, garlic butter dipping sauce.

• BrownEyedGirl
      5 years agoReport

They are good! Sometimes I just have to eat them before I have time to dip into that garlic butter!

I like fake crab. Real crab is too much effort for too little reward.