JENNY asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 years ago

east timor genocide!?

Who were the perpetrators?

Who were the victims?

When did the genocide take place?

Where did the genocide take place??

What was the justification made by the perpetrators?

I have a hard time finding this answers -.- plz help I would like to know thank you (^^)

Favorite Answer

Who were the perpetrators? : Indonesian Army

Who were the victims?: East Timorese who are Catholic Christians unlike the Muslim Indonesians. Timor was the last significant island in the Sunda archipelago.

When did the genocide take place? : Soon after Portugal declared independence for its colony, 1975-99: Indonesian invasion.

Where did the genocide take place?? : East Timor & its capital: Dili

What was the justification made by the perpetrators? : It is part of Indonesia & only the Dutch & Portuguese Imperialists kept them separate entities. But the religion & the associated cultural cleavage wasn't considered.

Search again. I found over 1,000 credible websites in less than 5 seconds of searching, including a surprisingly good wiki page. . The trick to finding the answers is to actually read the details.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=east+timor+gen... has a gendercide.org link you can use as well.