Why are christian pro-god arguments so weak and pathetic? Why do christians think that quoting bible verses will sway an atheist?

Favorite Answer

---- Well, the standard theist argument used to be "Believe or we stones ya, heathens!"...the more nuanced approach of propositional logic can be a hard shift to make.

With all due respect, the way I see it, atheists perceive pro-God arguments to be "weak and pathetic" because of their admittedly anti-God bias. Like an overzealous police officer who predetermines a suspect's guilty in a crime then looks only for evidence to prove his belief, those that believe there is no God dismiss any evidence presented that might actually prove them wrong. There is plenty of evidence outside the Bible, but that is dismissed outright.

If you read Tillich, let alone Kant or Hegel, you'd have no argument against the existence of God. Because you're just as ignorant as the Christian quoting bible verses.

• I'm an atheist. Evidence has nothing to do with it. There's no evidence of string-theory, but string-theorists argue ONE universe is a mathematic impossibility. So science makes a great argument for many universes but not ONE. See how that go, now? God is a philosophic question.

The arguments are weak.

But if you believed the bible to be the true word of a deity, wouldn't you try to convince others by using the one thing you think is the absolute truth?

I don't concern myself with proving anything that is virtually can't be proven or disproven as it would be an argument that would go around in a pointless circle. I argue instead about why it is important to have faith.

Why do people ask such stupid, stereo-typical questions? What makes you think it's the "atheists" wer are trying to "sway".

Lol it won't sway me they look pathetic and hopeless when they try to think they can win over atheist with their junk outdated book!

• Scott B
      5 years agoReport

I don't care about "winning over" any atheists. I'm protecting others who aren't decided from the likes of arrogant, obnoxious, and irritating atheists.

They don't know enough about their own religion to say the correct things to sway a person.

• Scott B
      5 years agoReport

I know more about my religion and yours, than you do about yours.

• Johnny

Because they sometimes believe that atheist secretly believe in the bible for some reason

Because that's all they got. Other than relying on an old book, or how it makes them "feel", they have nothing.