Good Times-why didn t they ever eat that damn oatmeal?

It s ridiculous. They are poor as sin, and yet they never finish their breakfast. I remember one episode where Florida made oatmeal, toast with butter, and served cold milk. The kids sat at the table for two minutes. Thelma moved the oatmeal with her spoon, as did JJ. Michael ate a few bites, then they left for school! No one touched the toast or the milk. I know it s only a sitcom, but that s the one thing that irritated me. James is busting his butt to pay for that food, but no one eats it.

Favorite Answer

Actors have to do so many takes of every scene, they'd probably get sick if they sat there eating for hours on end while they did the scene over and over.

• Mabe

Focusing too much on what you want, instead of what you have, can do that to a person and mess up the appetite, and alot of what the show was about.