Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

If you were the president, would you worry more on ISIS or the war on Drugs?

Would you bring the troops back from Afghanistan or would you still keep them over there, Also what would you do about the War on drugs.

Obviously you would worry more about Americas security than DRUGS GETTING TO YOUR KIDS.

Best Answer

Legalizing drugs would immediately deprive many terrorist groups of the money to maintain their terrorism. The cartels in Mexico move heroin from the Taliban. If we legalize drugs, that would be one group that went away, along with many others. It won't affect ISIS, unfortunately, because they are getting all their money from Turkey who is buying the oil they got when they captured refineries.

I'd follow the agreement I just made with the President of Afghanistan to remove them a little more slowly but still have the same deadline. I believe in keeping the agreements we have with other nations, instead of turning them into political roulette. "Let's see. Should I risk signing this agreement or is one side going to rip it away after the next election. Hmmm..."

I am not worrying about drugs getting to my kids because if they were legal, there wouldn't be people in dark alleys or schoolyards trying to sell them to get the money to buy more drugs.

• mommanuke
      5 years agoReport

That's because too many people make money from keeping them illegal - like the DEA, Big Pharma, and the private prison industry!

The "War on Drugs" is an excuse to arm the police and related agencies without upsetting the civilian population.

ISIS is a side story to keep people upset. And, further give excuse to bring in heavier armament and armoured vehicles to the civil police.

If we were to allow our children stress-free access to drugs, it wouldn't much matter whether or not ISIS thrives. The world would have gone to Hell in a hand basket anyway. That is not an abstract concept. It is happening in North American aboriginal communities as we speak.

Im against drugs but i think rich and/or bad people are for them. Also if i did fought drugs heavily, id get myself into one big war because id have to get them at the source and i think that would include a lot of countries.

I would bring our troops home and put them and the Sea Beez to work fixing infrastructure. Then I would end the war on drugs, make all drugs legal and tax them, and take all that money and put it into treatment and rehabilitation for addicts, fund the VA, and single payer and still have money left over to put into solar, wind, and geo thermal development. I would also release all "criminals" who are in jail for non violent drug offences. Put the prison system back into the hands of public state officials and not these bloodsucking corporations.

That's just on Monday.

• Our nation has been sold out from within. Only a matter of time before gun confiscation and possible civil war begins. We are being played while the occupiers buy up billions of rounds of ammo to use on US.

• Pat

If I were president, I'd know that Congress makes the laws and the only powers I have are to either sign the laws or veto them (and the latter only if I have a veto-proof congress).

• Kevin

I would bring the troops home, and end the war on drugs.

You have no idea how many drug dealers are in America, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find them all and take them all down

I would give all Americans a mandatory breathylizer test and urine test.