Classic Rock Song with chorus lyrics of ride (ride) ride (ride) ride.?

I've been searching for the name of this song for a few weeks now. I've done lyrics search from every search engine I could find. I've called classic rock radio stations and asked around to no avail.

The song is by a male led group, probably the 70's or 80's. They have a guitar part in the song that sounds like a car shifting gears up twice. The only words I know are the alternating (low-high) "ride (ride) ride (ride) ride". I've tried alternative words, such as "wide", "hide", "lied", etc. but have yet to figure this out.

Please help me if you can!

Best Answer

I was just wondering the same thing and it turns out for me the lyrics were wrong - it wasn't "ride, ride, ride", but "run, run, run" by Jo Jo Gunne. Maybe that's the song you're thinking of too.

Ride Ride Ride Lyrics

I m trying to find the EXACT SAME SONG. My hunch leads me to four logical / possible choices: The James Gang, Brownsville Station, Edgar Winter or Johnny Winter.

Those guitar solos you speak of are done using a smooth, round object--like a small glass bottle or metallic cylinder--that fits the pinky finger; the effect on a Fender Strat is amazing--hence, the slide guitar wail; trademark of the Winter Brothers songs.

I am on mission, as you are, to finding this song; if I do, I will return with THE ANSWER.

Don Felder-Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride) X-CELLENT SONG!

https://youtu.be/02nAH_oAjeg

Youtube thumbnail

• Arcenannie5 years agoReport

Gosh, that's a great song, but it's not the one I'm looking for. This is more around the rock sound of Golden Earring with Radar Love. The male singing sounds like their lead singer too. But I searched every song the released and didn't recognize what I was looking for.

Possibly Let It Ride by Bachman-Turner Overdrive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcN-nZPdIE

Youtube thumbnail

• Arcenannie5 years agoReport

It's not BTO. Their song goes "ride ride ride, let it ride" and is called Let it Ride. The song I'm looking for doesn't have any other words included. The first words of the song I'm looking for is also "ride" repeated with music between the word.

• Biff

"Let it Ride" ? - 1960s' - can't remember group name