Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

University of Waterloo vs NIT India ??

Hello

Should I go to do under-graduation (BS) from University of Waterloo or should I do my BEng from NIT (any NIT in India) ???

I definitely don't want to study in India, I can get into NITs, but I'm looking for greater exposure and opportunities that are available abroad.

I can get into top universities, but my financial situation will not allow me.

Though, I can completely finance my study in University of Waterloo without any financial aid, however, with the co-op program. Which means, I will have 2 years of work experience in a good company (sometimes even google or Microsoft). I may find a small issue in finance at times, but it'll be alright !!!

University of Waterloo is 24th best in the world in computer science, NITs dont even appear in the list. However, I cannot do my masters immediately, I need to work to earn money to do my masters....... I have a good GPA and some great extracurriculars....

I will apply to MIT and other top universities and request for financial aid as well... Considering the situations mentioned hitherto, which is a better choice for me ???

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your question reflects the urge that you have got to study abroad. Considering all that is mentioned

above, I feel that you will give your best only if you are studying at the University of Waterloo. No

doubt that NIT India is also one of the finest engineering colleges, but your planning and dedication

shows that you will excel if you are studying at Waterloo. If your finances can be managed, then do

not leave the opportunity of getting your degree from University of Waterloo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.