Will I get into UNC Chapel Hill?

I really want to go to Chapel Hill for their business school. I have a pretty low GPA and ACT (will retake) and I haven't taken the SAT yet but I think my extracurriculars are pretty good.

GPA: 3.5 W 3.0 UW

ACT: 22 (will retake)

Extracurriculars:

4 years of DECA 1 year DECA officer

one of the largest DECA chapters in the state

2 years Varsity Wrestling

Spanish immersion since 1st grade

AP Spanish, Earth Science, US History, Human Geography

Spent a summer in Colombia with an organization doing volunteer work that you had to apply for and only 20 people in the country get in

Have traveled the world

Had an internship with a local construction company marketing their products

I am an in-state white male who doesn't need financial aid (not sure if this helps)

My aunt went to this school and is now a very successful pharmacist

I am also interested in doing club wrestling at Chapel Hill

The GPA won't change much because this is the end of my junior year and I had a rough start to high school

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Many factors go into an admissions decision. That said your GPA and ACT are well below the average of admitted students at UNC Chapel Hill (3.9 and 30). Since UNC only admits about 30% of all applicants, your chances aren't great. Your numbers are also below the average for NC State (3.65 and 27). You are closer to UNC Wilmington and Charlotte.

If Chapel Hill is your dream school, you should apply - you don't know if you don't try -- but plan to apply to other schools where your grades and scores are in line with those accepted.

• ?

If in your view a 3.5 GPA is "pretty low," since I know the top number is 4.0, what number, in your view, would NOT be "pretty low?" The old song "Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be, the future is not ours to see. Que sera, sera. What will be, will be." Life is an adventure and like the Chinese proverb states, "He who is afraid of digging will never have a chance at finding treasure." It seems to me that you are digging rather well. I have no doubt, no doubt at all, que usted va a triunfar en la vida. Como entiendes este idioma, termino. Adios y Buena suerte, Ryan.

Also if anyone knows if I could get into NC State that would be great too