RHH: Liquid Swords VS Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (+BQs)?

By GZA and Raekwon which one did you like better?

BQ1: Tical (Method Man) VS Labcabincalifornia (The Pharcyde)

BQ2: B/S - The Master was the last good album of Rakim

BQ3:

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

Blazing Arrow

Like Water For Chocolate

The Black Album

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Put them in order of which one had the most influence on hip hop music.

Favorite Answer

Ahhh the perennial question.

Liquid Swords I think is the correct answer--despite how bombastic and easy to listen to OB4CL is, the GZA and the RZA both showcased their best work to date on Liquid Swords. The RZA covered a wider and more interesting sonic range than any of his other albums while still keeping a cohesive overarching atmosphere and the samples worked perfectly with the lyrics; ascetic and aggressive, theatrical yet thoughtful.

OB4CL, while a near flawless album itself just isn't as interesting. It's catchy, it's powerful, and despite its length maintains some level of momentum to the very end, but Liquid Swords simply has not a single ounce of fat to trim. It's a diamond amongst diamonds, and one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

BQ1: I love Method Man, but Labcabincalifornia no question. The Pharcyde improved themselves in so many different ways from their first album to the second but went largely unappreciated.

BQ2: Rent, The Seventh Seal wasn't bad but somewhat forgettable.

BQ3:

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

Like Water For Chocolate

The Black Album

Blazing Arrow

Good question. But I have to say Liquid Swords on this one for sure. As a matter of fact, I believe that Liquid Swords is the best solo effort that any Wu Tang member has ever put out and this is coming from someone who's favorite Wu Tang member is Ghostface Killah. From lyrics, to production, to overall quality, and to replay value, I think Liquid Swords wins. Liquid Swords is perhaps a top 5 album of all time when it comes to both lyricism and production. To be completely honest, I don't think that Only Built 4 Cuban Linx would be a classic if the album did not have any features from Ghostface. I seriously think he made that album his own. Sure Raekwon had some sharp verses and memorable tracks, but on most of those tracks, I think Ghost made them what they are. On the other hand, you got the track 4th Chamber on Liquid Swords where I believe GZA dropped a much sharper verse than Ghost while I don't feel that Rae outshined GFK on any track on OB4CL. So my pick is obviously going to go to Liquid Swords. Liquid Swords is in my top 10, and OB4CL is top 20 at least, possibly top 15.

BQ1: I'll give Tical the slight edge because I haven't really heard the entire Labcabincalifornia album yet. It is a close match up and a great comparison, though. If I ever finish the album, then my answer could possibly change. But for now, I got to go with Tical.

BQ2: I'm going to rent on this one. The 7th Seal was a good album, but definitely Rakim's worst work. I'd give it a 6.5/10 while The Master was like a 7.5/8 out of 10. I honestly don't think that Rakim even has a classic solo album to be perfectly honest. The 18th Letter was a miss in my opinion hardly.

BQ3:

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

The Black Album

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

Like Water For Chocolate

Blazing Arrow

OB4CL is better look I ain't a kind of person who gives a sh*t about which album had more complex rhymes or lyrics , I'll honestly prefer an album I feel more even if its pretty basic and in my personal opinion OB4CL is a100 times better than Liquid Swords though both are there in my top 50 albums of all time.

B.Q 1 : Tical

B.Q 2 : sell , Rakim iz washedup

B.Q 3 : Blazing Arrow

Like Water for Chocolates

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Black Star by Mos Def & Talib

Black Star by Jay Z

• Can't front dogs....this is definitely one of those constantly asked questions....

I think this one is a push.....both have their own quirks....most of which is based on their style of MC'ing....

BQ1: I absolutely loved Labcabincalifornia....i personally think its better than Bizarre Ride 2....but based on other opinions i always had to go with the latter....definitely pharcyde on this one...and Tical was hard....

Bq2: Depends on your definition of "good".....the seventh seal wasn't bad.....but in my opinion wasn't really very good either....i think it was dated....i gave it a 3.5/5.....which is a pretty decent score...The Master was his last undeniable dope album however....

BQ3: Influence?

Easily The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill first.....then....

The Black Album

BlackStar

Like Water For Chocolate

Blazing Arrow

• gurjit

Cuban Linx is one of the greatest albums ever made....the beats are Rza at his best & Rae just takes you away with some of the best story telling ever told.....CLASSIC

• Johnny

Liquid Swords is my favorite hip-hop album of all time so theres your answer.

very professional