promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 years ago

what is the best method to cook chicken?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For me it depends on the cut.

I like to roast whole chickens, it's easy and the meat can be taken off the bone for recipes, and the bones simmered for stock.

For boneless, skinless breasts, I like to marinate them and grill outside on charcoal with wood chips, or blacken them, or pound them out for chicken piccata, marsala, etc.

I'm kinda over dark meat so I use just bone in, skin on breasts. Roasted, then added to gumbo, curry, soups, etc.

Stewed for coq au vin, or chicken fricassee, or fried of course.

Just remembered I made some kind of French garlic chicken once - it was braised and used like 24 cloves of garlic. Fantastic stuff.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Rev
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

The technique is debatable, I prefer to roast, but whichever one you choose I would recommend going by temperature rather than time.

Meaning instead of cooking for a specific amount of time, you should use a meat thermometer, and cook the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F (74 C) in the center of the meat (if cooking a whole chicken measure in the breast or thigh). Avoid letting it get much higher than that, and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it, and you should have perfectly cooked tender juicy chicken.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Thread chunks of red sweet pepper, corn on the cob, and zucchini on skewers for a quick partner to grill with these spice-rubbed chicken thighs.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons vinegar

2 tablespoons prepared mustard

1/4 teaspoon celery seed

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

8 chicken thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds total)

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

1/4 teaspoon salt

------------------

Directions

For sauce, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, and garlic powder. Bring to boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; set aside.

Skin chicken, if desired. In a small mixing bowl combine paprika, turmeric, and salt; rub over the chicken.

Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 20 minutes. Turn chicken; grill for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 28 to 32 minutes, turning once.) Brush with sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling. Makes 4 servings.

Attachment image
    Source(s): baked barbecue chicken
  • 5 years ago

I think grilling is the best method cause it doesn't require any saturated liquid to cook chicken.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • varsha
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Chicken curry! Hey, I'm Indian lol what do you expect. We can make curries out of anything. But you should try making that. I also like chicken 65 (its like small pieces of chicken coated in spices and fried), it tastes so good with any type of biryani. Ugh im hungry now >.< Goodluck!

• 5 years ago

Baked with Italian dressing brushed on. Sprinkle lemon pepper on it and bake. Dip pieces in egg bath then dip in bread crumbs and bake. DIY Shake N Bake. You can make it healthier by pulling the skin off and baking on a rack or broiling pan. Which ever way you cook it, use a meat thermometer. Make sure your meat thermometer reads 212 degrees F when put in a pot of boiling water. It has a nut on the bottom of the dial to adjust. If you ever drop it on the floor, pull out a pot of boiling water and check it to see if it needs adjusting. I was over cooking my meat due to a neighbor borrowing mine and something happened to knock it out of alignment. And NEVER put the dial in water. Just wash the probe off and dry it before you put it back in its cover.

• David
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

Fried chicken 🍗 😋

• 5 years ago

Any types of curry dish like Indian curry , its method of boiling .

• 5 years ago

Frying it. Frying always tastes good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.