Can't get enough sleep!?

I need help! How do I instantly fall asleep? Is there a way for me to do so? I am a high school student and the pressure of studies is all time high while I've evolved into a damn nocturnal. (it's 1:26 AM while I write this and I FEEL sleepy yet I can't sleep). No, I don't get any nightmares and I am a normal kid whose here looking for solutions to fall asleep quickly and wake up and be fresh. Don't give me that "It's the hormones" thing, please, don't.

Favorite Answer

Try turning off all your electronics an hour before you want to go to sleep. Turn your lights down in your room as well. Have a piece of fruit or a light snack with a small glass of milk or water. Get ready for bed: brush your teeth, take a warm shower, put on your PJ's, make sure you are not to warm or too cool. Maybe wear some socks to bed. Do some light stretches to relax your neck and back. Get into bed and read something for 30 minutes or so then turn off the light and go to sleep.

Also watch your caffeine intake and don't have any after 4 PM. If you still can't sleep after a few nights, only have one caffeinated beverage in the AM. Energy drinks have up to 10 times the caffeine that coffee does and it is slow getting out of your body.

Keep up your ;bedtime routine' for at least a week before you give up on it. It takes time to get your body into a habit. You should also keep to the same routine on weekends until you are able to fall asleep easily every night.

Not much fun for a high schooler but your health is more important.

I think I read somewhere where this is a sign of intelligence - at least I am going with that because I have it too - I can't turn my brain off. I use meditation on YouTube or ASMR and it turns off that part of my brain just enough that I can fall asleep. I will be honest, it still isn't fast, but once you can sleep again you won't mind drifting off.

Most sleeping problems are probably caused by stress, depression, anxiety, nervousness and worry as well as being too keyed up.

Sleeping pills are unhealthy and can give you bad side effects such as headaches and drowsiness during the day so you are better off without them.

To sleep better just relax and switch off, if you can.

If you are having trouble switching off at bedtime some light exercise (for example, push ups or sit ups) at bedtime often helps you to relax, unwind and switch off and that often improves your sleep. Strenuous exercise at bedtime is likely to ruin your sleep.

Common OTC sleep aids include Chamomile tea, 5-HTP, Melatonin and Valerian Root.

Sleep enhancing foods include warm milk, turkey, cherries, oatmeal, bananas and wine.

Stress seems to be keep you up - relax. Also - to relax you can take a warm shower at night before bed.

Drinking a lot of water during the day might help you sleep easier.

There are many effective over the counter remedies. Look up Valerian root, melatonin and even herbal sleep teas. There is help but is will take patience. Nothing safe will be instant by any stretch. Good luck.

First drink water or milk, make sure your room is dark and lay on your bed with your eyes close and breathe in and out over and over also do not think about anything. Done!

Try to get enought sleep and also try to sleep early.

A dark room helps you fall asleep faster when you go to bed. Avoid noise. Do not use mobile phones when sleeping. It helps you sleep better at night.

Try watching some ASMR to relax. Either that or turn off the computer and read a book.