Emissary asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers Β· 6 years ago

How do you remove a question from YA! after you accept best answer?

I've some questions I submitted 6 or 7 years ago that I'm still receiving answers to though I've already accepted best answer to them. I may be overlooking something simple, but perhaps not, because I seem to recall a function that allowed you to delete your questions. I can't find that function anywhere on the YA! home page. HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have misunderstood Normalguy. I want to remove these old QUESTIONS so I'll not receive any more answers to them. Your answer implies the only way to remove MY questions is to report MYSELF in violation of YA's community guidelines?? That sounds completely illogical. though, also simple.

That's terribly disappointing π’²π’½π’ΎΜˆπ“π“π“ because I seem to recall a function where questions could immediately be deleted once a person chose best answer. I feel a bit dinosaurish now because this development MUST have occurred within the past 5 years and I failed to notice it. Perhaps YAers should petition YA administrators to return the function that DOES allow one to delete questions??

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Now that answers can be given to all questions even years later and when a Best Answer has been chosen you will continue to get them.

Once a question has even 1 answer now we cannot delete them.

Only if the question is reported and deleted as a violation will it be gone.

If you are getting emails when that question has a new answer the only way to stop those is to change the setting to (not) receive emails when your questions have new answers.

EDIT to update, Many are not happy with all the many changes and a post about it can be made on the New Suggestion board.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240

• Rev

Sorry, once a question is answered, the only way it can be removed is if it is reported as a community guidelines violation.

You can't because questions can only be deleted by the asker if there aren't any answers to it.

Best answers can't be removed... The only way to remove them is by reporting them if they violate the community guidelines

• ?

You can only delete your unanswered questions. Use the Pencil icon to bring up the DELETE button and click on that. Sorry, but if it has an answer the DELETE button no longer shows and you cannot delete your question.

You can't & I want to know how you can accept best answer to your own Q?