Anonymous

why are more blacks than latinos in Hollywood ?( I mean they don't have to stereotype latinos as one look fits all)?

I mean , they can have more benicios del toro, more jlos' more andy garcias ...why?

Update:

latinos got to Hollywood before than blacks , the latin lover stereotype which stll prevails now

Update 2:

alex, u are funny

Update 3:

Latinos transforming Hollywood - CNN Latino in America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rRWJdBb1g

Youtube thumbnail

Update 4:

I'd like to see more latinos like me in movies , doing all kind of roles( cop, lawyer, mayor LIKE ERICK GARCETTI latino actor/mayor not just your usual hoodrat ghettho fool ....ENOUGH OF THAT BS , latinos cannot be only represented by one racial phenotype( indigenous looking Sancho) ( which some ppl like to id all latino)...honestly its a pain in the A S S when I see this

Update 5:

maybe i'll se some changes in the future since there are more latino directors in Hollywood like Robert rodriquez, quillermo del toro, alfonso cuaron ..so I'm looking fordward to see more latinos working a lot more & above all, breaking stereotypes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbG_YellRqs

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDf-GSe4kPI

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f8B49XuaBY

Youtube thumbnail

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Daquan
    Lv 5
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many Latinos in Hollywood, but you just don't notice them because a great deal of them are white since Latino isn't a race, but a culture. Not all Latinos are America Ferrera-looking Mexicans. Besides, most Latinos consider themselves white according to US census so Hollywood assumes that they're satisfied with white actors because they think Latinos feel as if they can identify with them. This is the opposite of how blacks feel. Why are you talking about blacks though? They're not exactly overrepresented in Hollywood either. Around 1 out of 20 Hollywood movies has a black main character. You should ask why whites despite only being around 60% of the population of The United States Of America are overrepresented.

Source(s): Hollywood
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Latinos and their superiority complex towards blacks. Why are you mad at black people? White people control the media.

You're such a coward instead of being frustrated with whites you'd rather take your anger put on blacks.

There's too many nonwhite cowards in this world lol.

Stop using blacks as the scape goat for all your pathetic problems, its not black peoples fault your too cowardly to fight white people for more recognition.

What do you want black people to fight for you? (AS USUAL!!)...then just slide in and receive all the benefits from black hard work...lazy as.s cowardly people.

Can you stand on your own? You need black people to hold your hand through it all? LOL.

Go ask the white man why? If you even have the cojones Jose.

• If Jews helped some of us, then we could do it too, I can say the same about why you never enroll into the Ivy Leagues

• 5 years ago

Latino is not a race.

It's a bullshit word

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because Jews own the media. But wait, latinos have their own media networks like Telemundo and univision and several others. Blacks only have BET and its Jewish owned. But, you're still blaming blacks for YOUR shortcomings? Really?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Latino is not a race. There are black latinos,white latinos, asian latinos, etc.

• Alex
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

White **** we all know this is you, you can come off anonymous

And you know very well there are black Latinos

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

There is no Latin lover stereotype, that sh/t is beyond pathetic, you're a bunch of whites or beaners, thats it.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because blacks are entertaining

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.