Does rejection of Christianity mean the rejection of Christ.?

The source of the question is http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/hellbo... where the supposition is advanced that "Rejection of Christianity may not mean the rejection of Christ."

One could "reject" Christ as being divine, as being a prophet, as a teacher, as a Jew, as someone who understands the will of God, as being an object of worship, or in many other ways. The horrors committed in the name of Christ by Christians make that part of the question less complicated.

Favorite Answer

Not necessarily.

Many people admire Christ as a great moral teacher, even as

God, but rejection of Christianity for many people simply means

that they reject all of the man made extras and rituals associated

with Christianity as it is taught by the many churches which claim

to be Christian, but some of which are far from what Christ actually

taught.

• Lv 5
      5 years agoReport

Thanks for BA.

• Puffin

No. I am a spiritual atheist. I believe in Christ conscioiusness, that I also call universal consciousness or universal mind or unified field or morphic field.

I reject Christianity. The TEACHINGS of Jesus are life changing and empowering. The TEACHINGS of Christianity are destructive through and through. So glad I escaped.

EDIT: Thanks for the update with links. Amazing.

Additional info. The teachings of Jesus are mutually exclusive of the teachings of Christianity. The teachings of Jesus are testable. The teachings of Christianity are not. I became a spiritual atheist after testing whether or not I could go to a secret place and believe that I already had what I wanted and have it come to me. I've been manifesting like this since the 1980s.

There is a woman who tested in a braver way. She wanted to know if she gave up everything, believing that she would be taken care of, if she would be. She wasn't poor. She was intellectually curious. She gave up everything and walked for nearly 30 years, teaching the message of peace. You can read about her at peacepilgrim.com. The book about her, in her own words, is free and well worth the read. She uses the word god, but her definition of god is pantheistic, like mine. We are one being (being=to be in time/motion)

Most often than not it will be so; but rejection of Christianity won't mean rejection of Christ if you adhere to New Age religions; especially because most New Age travelers tend to be white and it's practically impossible for white people to 'reject' their Christian HERITAGE, which is something they're born with.

Christianity is an ascribed status which will remain with anyone who is born into a White Christian background.

• Jea

Does the rejection of Mickey Mouse mean the rejection of Disney?

Good grief.

Yes it does, the word Christ means anointed, one Anointed of God. And that one is Yeshua the one anointed, the Christ. We as followers of Yeshua become ones anointed of God, CHRISTian, followers of Christ, believers in CHRISTianity, the Anointing of God

Yes and vice versa.

• Fred Bauder
      5 years agoReport

Rejection of Christ means rejection of Christianity? Is it only the man that must be rejected or His teachings?

Nope I believe in jesus (PBUH) and don't believe in Christianity!! Actually I'm muslim:)

Muslims have an angle on this.

• Fred Bauder
      5 years agoReport

Indeed they do, and I must confess that I was not thinking of it when I asked the question. However, that part is just common sense, worshipping a human, even a great teacher and prophet, is nonsense.

Yes, yes it does.

• Marcion
      5 years agoReport

No, no it does not. Matthew 5:17 - Jesus came to fulfil the Law (worship of God) and the Prophets (the human beings appointed by God to preach the Law) - therefore rejecting Christianity who worships Jesus does not reject Jesus who himself worship God (John 8:42) - I am a Muslim.

• Nigel

no