Jake asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 years ago

Please recommend me a horror movie with "foresty" setting?

Can someone please recommend me a horror movie that takes place at least partially in the woods or "woodlike area"

I really liked the setting of all 5 wrong turn movies and wolf creek

Possibly any slasher films that take place in such areas.

I also like supernatural horror movies like Ouija(2014) so if anyone knows simmilar films please list theme here

Thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Okay. Here goes.

The Woods (2006)- Set in 1965 New England, a troubled girl encounters mysterious happenings in the woods surrounding an isolated girls school that she was sent to by her estranged parents.

Wilderness (2006)- Juvenile delinquents gets sent to a small British island after a fellow prisoners death, where they have to fight for survival.

Friday the 13th (2009)- A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees and his deadly intentions.

Friday the 13th (1980)- A group of camp counselors is stalked and murdered by an unknown assailant while trying to reopen a summer camp which, years before, was the site of a child's drowning.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)- Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods.

Mama (2013)- Annabel and Lucas are faced with the challenge of raising his young nieces that were left alone in the forest for 5 years.... but how alone were they?

Secret Window (2004)- A writer is accused for plagiarism by a strange man, who then starts haunting him for "justice."

Tucker & Dale vs Evil (2010)- Tucker & Dale are on vacation at their dilapidated mountain cabin when they are attacked by a group of preppy college kids. *More of a black comedy than a horror*

The Last House on the Left (2009)- After kidnapping and brutally assaulting two young women, a gang unknowingly finds refuge at a vacation home belonging to the parents of one of the victims: a mother and father who devise an increasingly gruesome series of revenge tactics.

Misery (1990)- Paul Sheldon, a successful novelist, is rescued after a snow storm by his "Number One Fan" and must rewrite his latest novel to her liking in order to stay alive.

Cabin Fever (2002)- A group of five college graduates rent a cabin in the woods and begin to fall victim to a horrifying flesh-eating virus, which attracts the unwanted attention of the homicidal locals.

I Spit on Your Grave (2010)- A writer who is brutalized during her cabin retreat seeks revenge on her attackers, who left her for dead.

Movies Like Ouija:

The Unborn

The Quiet Ones

Annabelle

The Conjuring

The Ring

Sinister

The Haunting in Connecticut

The Others

What Lies Beneath

The Skeleton Key

The Possession

The Amityville Horror

Blood Creek

Case 39

Dead Silence

End of Days

Devil

• 6 years ago

The Cabin in the Woods

Mama

Secret Window

Evil Dead

• 6 years ago

foresty gump

• 6 years ago

- blair witch project

-The hills have eyes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.