I heard my dad isn't my biological father?

Should I bring it up? A few people close to my family told me on accident. They said my biological father ran out when he found out my mom was pregnant.

I'm 16 years old and look like neither of the parents I know. Dark hair, brown eyes, and tan skin where they along with my younger brother have blue eyes light skin and blond hair.

My dad told me I look like other members of his side that passed before I was born.

I don't know of its all a lie or not, should I ask about what I heard or leave it alone?

You have the right to know and this is your father. I think you should ask your mom about it because it might be an awkward question to ask your (dad) alone. You can also have a talk at the dinner table or have a family meeting. Either way, it is a very big deal and should be discussed.

• GG

I think you have the right to know so if you want to ask then ask, but just be calm about it because this is serious mature stuff so you need them to know you can handle it or they won't tell you the truth. I hope every thing works out for you.

If he raised you and treated you like a son, he is your father. The guy who ran out is just some random guy. I wouldn't bring it up.