Why are there so many cash investors in real estate in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex?

I'm looking to buying my first home for my family (wife and kid) and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. I'm looking to buy a house for the price of anywhere up to $170,000. Every home I come across, they're all being sold in a matter of days. A house will go up on the market and will be gone... show more I'm looking to buying my first home for my family (wife and kid) and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

I'm looking to buy a house for the price of anywhere up to $170,000. Every home I come across, they're all being sold in a matter of days. A house will go up on the market and will be gone in about two days the most. So many homes are receiving multiple offers way above the asking price. Also, there are so many cash investors buying homes with straight up cash. It feels like I'm going to be stuck renting an apartment forever now. I really want to buy a home for my family to grow in.

Why are there so many cash investors in real estate in the DFW metroplex???

I feel like I just want to give up!