What apartments are good in Orlando, Florida for a college student?

Im looking at Ivey on the lake apartments,Boca Club apartments, Emerald Villa apartments, and Oakwood Commons Apartments. Looking at a studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom apartment at these locations.

Basically I just want some insight on these places. How are they? Are there cheaper apartments out there? I will be applying to Valencia College and want to move down there in the fall. I'm currently in Michigan so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Is there are reason you're looking in that area in particular? It's the rougher side of town and in general I try to avoid living there if I can. I have had the ability to pick a complex that I like and not worry about the cost, but if cost is a serious factor you'll may want to stay in that area for cheaper places. If you're just interested in cheaper and don't care the area look closer to the UCF area. I don't know if you're wanting roommates, but there are several apartments in that area that rent by the room. You generally have 1-3 roommates and pay anywhere from $400-600 a month with utilities included and in some cases the apartment is furnished. You should also take into consideration where you're planning to work b/c if you don't work close to where you live you're going to spend a lot of time and money commuting.

I noticed you posted a question about Valencia and like the other person said a lot will come down to what you're going to school for. Valencia has a program where you can start with them and finish at UCF getting a BA in whatever subject is offered through UCF. If you're only interested in an A/A or in the few B/A's that Valencia offers then pick whatever school offers the classes you're intersted in. Valencia West is a nice campus that's not too busy so I can generally walk in and take tests without waiting in line. I also like the Osceola campus (don't think that was one you listed), but unless you live in that area it's not worth driving long distances for. I do not like the East campus, it's too small, too many people, and I didn't particularly like the people who worked there.

• Bob

the ones you can afford