What is NASA's mission? Should it have anything to do with Earth Sciences or Climatology?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6q6eGM_Aw

Youtube thumbnail

http://history.nasa.gov/spaceact.html "The deterioration of NASA and its contamination by mediocre Earth-bound pseudointellectuals has to be stopped and reverted Senator Ted Cruz asked the NASA administrator Charles Bolden (who was appointed in 2009 and has...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Joesph
    Lv 6
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NASA's many mission are Science and Technology and yes, it should have a lot to do with Earth Sciences or Climatology You keep moving this question back to global warming only because you hope to discredit NASA and continue the asinine conservative propaganda claiming global warming is nothing but a hoax. You are wrong and you abuse Y!A. You aren't convincing anyone of anything expect showing what fools deniers really are.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Hobbit
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Ted Cruz is a crackpot -- and this argument is ample proof.

Look, I'm a "space nut." But it makes NO sense to spend taxpayer money on projects that don't benefit us here on earth. Space is critical for that. And studying Earth -- INCLUDING climatology -- has measurable economic benefits that alone justify the cost of the program. Do you have any idea how much weather information, tracking ecological shifts, even measuring snow cover and predicting water needs, benefits just the agricultural industry? The prices you pay i the grocery store would be a lot higher if it weren't for NASA.

Jerks like Ted Cruz don't want to "focus on NASA's primary mission" -- which is only partly to explore space. He wants to gut climate change studies. Why? FOLLOW THE MONEY! He gets his financial support from sources in the fossil fuel industry -- including the Koch brothers. He is a paid puppet, besides being a fruitcake.

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Well, Sen. Cruz also thinks that it was Galileo who discovered that the Earth was round. (For the record, Eratosthenes, a Greek astronomer, reasonably accurately calculated the diameter of the Earth back in 240 B.C.) It is no surprise that he chose Liberty University, the stronghold of evolution deniers and intelligent design believers, to announce that he is running for president.

While I am not a liberal, I do hope that in the next 18 months someone grinds that idiot into the dust so badly that he can't get elected to be a bathroom attendant.

• 5 years ago

New mission: shoot Ted Cruz into the sun, save the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.