Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 years ago

does anyone know anything about the 'book of kells'?

I have an art assignment on the book of kells and I can't find much about it. Anybody know anything? thanks (:

I have an art assignment on the book of kells and I have some things but I was told I need more than what I have and I cant find much more about it. Anybody know anything? thanks (:

Favorite Answer

You mean other than the fact that the entire book is on line courtesy of Trinity college?

http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/home/index.php?DR...

Boo-yah Digital age!

• Mike

Did you look anywhere? I just went to the top of this page and typed book of kells and I got encyclopedia articles, pictures, all sorts of stuff. The difference between what I found and what you claim you couldn't find makes me think you're lying.

Update: Aside from giving everyone a thumbs down, what else have you got to say?

Oh, good grief. "Can't find much"? There are dozens of art-history books and hundreds of scholarly articles about the Book of Kells, and high-definition photos of every page of the book are available online.

If you "can't find much" about the Book of Kells you probably haven't looked anywhere but the back of your sock drawer or your cat's litter box. Try a library instead.

If you haven't found anything, you have not looked. It is one of the most famous books in the world.

You aren't trying hard enough, it's one of the better known illustrated Celtic works.

TRY HARDER.