Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 years ago

how's the 44 Magnum stronger than a 45 ACP handgun?

The 45 should do more physical damage, because it has a higher number, than that of the 44. Don't call me any names because I don't know my weaponry. I'm not into that stuff. I was just curious when I overheard a conversation in school...

Favorite Answer

because there is more gunpowder in the cartridge of a .44 mag.

• Go google .44 magnum and .45 ACP rounds and look at the image...the shell casing is much larger in the .44 magnum, so carries much more gun powder and thus has a much higher velocity than a .45 ACP...and F=MA (Force = Mass times Acceleration, or aka velocity).

Source(s): a U.S. Marine vet who spent 11 months in Iraq in 2004-2005 (3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, attached to 31st MEU, Regimental Combat Team I), mostly in anbar province. I am now a multi degreed engineer working for America's largest defense contractor.
  • Pixie

The 44 Mag has way more power and a much better trajectory over a greater distance. It will hit a target at 100 yards with the impact of a 45 ACP at point blank range.http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4...

The .44 typically has a stronger propellant load in the cartridge allowing it to travel a few hundred feet per second faster than the .45 acp.

But look at it like this, would you rather get hit by a truck travelling at 100 miles per hour, or a truck travelling at 60 miles per hour? The answer is neither because they will both kill you.