Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Do Christians not like living in secular societies?

Just curious because I've seen comments from self-identified Christian users who will say things like secularism causes immorality, or secularism subverts Christianity. I've read a few comments that blame secularism for the Holocaust and that it was Hitler's motivation

Of course, I can never tell who is a poe or not, so I thought I would take a poll.

I think that forcing people to live moral lives using the states police powers, as thought that makes any difference in their hearts, would be far worse than living in a secular society. You had that in Biblical Israel, - really did no work out so well, so why should anybody believe it would work out any better today?

I would prefer living in a society where everyone believes in Christianity, but neither would it be forced on them.

That secularism subverts Christianity is true to the extant of what truly started secularism; the Protestant Reformation.

• Ryan

It's because a secular society doesn't put Christianity on a pedestal that singles it out for preferential treatment, and not being special irks the living (expletive) out of them.

• punch

They think secularism is another religion. They don't understand the concept of no religion and wish everyone to believe as they do. Because, there the ones that are right, you know. They also think atheism is a religion and just onother branch of secularism. Not all think this way, thank God. Just like bozo below. Secular is atheist disquise. Reall6y? Someone needs a dictionary.

• punch
      5 years agoReport

What do the worship? What dogma do they follow. Are there priests? Doesn't really matter to me. Whatever they want to believe. Personally think it silly and a bad move. Taxes probably. Still doesn't mean atheism is, or that secularism is a disquise of atheism.

• living in this world regardless of the society is always going to be

problematic for true born again christians. our home is the one prepared in heaven. we are here to spread the good news of Christ to ears that will hear.

The problem with Christians and secular societies is that a successful one proves them wrong. Therefore they have to sabotage it to the point of destruction in order for their theology to have any value.

• numlock
      5 years agoReport

great point......their cult brainwashing forces them to value the demands of their cult before their own lives........

society is mostly religious not secular

secular is a disguise for Atheist

• ?

Christians are childish hypocrites.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cvKcMbzN_A

Youtube thumbnail