Anonymous

Should I take band or AP Human?

(This is long but I would really appreciate some answers. Thanks!)

Hi there! I am currently a freshman, and for next year I am planning on taking PE over summer to make room for another class. This year, I took health online so I could take jazz band and an environmental engineering course.

I am one of the piano players in my jazz band. I enjoy it sometimes, but I sit out and do nothing half the time since I play only half of the songs. I really only want to take it because I have friends in the class. I'm definitely not going to do jazz my junior or senior year, so should I bother doing it next year?

I want to take AP Human Geography for my other elective if I don't do jazz. One thing is that I'm not sure if I'll be overwhelmed with AP Human. Here are the other classes I'm planning on taking:

Adv. English II, Math Analysis/Trig, Chemistry, AP European History, Chinese II, and Engineering II. Chinese is really easy and engineering is relatively easy so those aren't two classes I'm worried about. Would having two APs next year, one being a really hard one, be overwhelming? I just want to know if I should do band for one more year or take AP Human. I really want to get into Stanford or UC Berkeley as my college, and I currently have a 4.0 GPA :)

Thank you, and I apologize that it was so long!

Favorite Answer

AP Human geography is pretty easy, definitely easier than AP Euro which you are taking next year. If you're not going to continue jazz band anyways I'd recommend taking AP Human. I took it last year as a freshman and it was a nice AP class and my first AP class as well. Right now I'm a sophomore and I'm taking the following APs: AP Calc AB, AP Chem, AP World, AP Lang. At the beginning of the year I was very stressed because I wasn't used to having so much work, but I got used to it. You probably will too. But that's just my opinion. If only you could take both...

• Valerie5 years agoReport

Thank you! I think I can get use to it. And wow, that's a lot of APs to take as a sophomore, great job!

When comparing piano lessons online, look for what makes a program unique. It may look like all methods are the same, especially when you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for. The following information is going to be very valuable to your success in choosing a robust learning program. Read here https://tr.im/PianoLessons