Pokemon:Masuda Method?

I was wondering,when I do the Masuda method for a shiny,do I have to have 2 Pokemon from different countries,or can I just get one from a different country,and one from my own?For example,I want a shiny Magikarp.I have a male Magikarp,from my own game,and I need a female Magikarp (or Ditto).Do I need to get a male from,say,Japan,and one from America,or can I use the Male Magikarp I have,and just get a female Magikarp(or Ditto)from another country?

Favorite Answer

You can use your own Magikarp, but the other Magikarp/Ditto MUST be from another country (it doesn't have to be Japan, just simply anywhere but the USA).

• Ronan5 years agoReport

Best answer ;) Thanks :D

Your Magiikarp + Female Magikarp or Ditto from another crountry

all it has to be is two pokemon from the same egg group or a ditto, and they cannot be from the same country. It doesn't matter which country they are from, as long as they are not from the same one.

• Ronan5 years agoReport

So all I need to do is get a female Magikarp or Ditto.I don't have to get a male from Japan and one from America?I can still use the male from my game?