What do you think about asian people?

Hi. I am an exchange student from Japan. I came California on September 2, 2014 and 6months have passed since I came here. I really love here. America has a lot of race. White,Black,Mexican,Asian...etc. And I think its really beautiful and so cool! But I heard many conversation that "Asian is ugly" since I came here and I saw a tweet that "Not to be racist but Asian people suck" on Twitter. First, I surprised and I was really sad. I go to high school as an exchange student in here. My two classmates were taking selfies in during class and the one girl said "Ew!! I look like asian!!" and the other girl said "OMG stop! haha Your next is asian!". It was big voice and they were in front of me. Other guy's conversation "Asian hell nah!" I know American people are beautiful and many asian people long for blond hair and beautiful eyes.

I heard conversations like this many times. I just surprised!

I'm just an exchange student so I just don't care about it, but I want to know what do asian people who live in here think about these conversation.

What do you think? Sorry for my poor English!

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

I see them like anybody else but what I notice is some of you can be very racist towards black people and it's uncalled for because we dont even have a bad history with asian people but some of you are so desperate to fit into western society you start bashing black people and that is very sick.

many black people and white people are starting to get along better but immigrants come here and taking on racist views they dont even fully understand in an attempt to integrate and it only keeps racism alive when other people who have been here for a long time don't even have the same intense problems like we did in the past.

• Emi5 years agoReport

Thank you for a great opinion! Thank you so much!!

• Wesley

I think you type English well, The only Asians i ever had any real contact with were American Asians and they act like everybody else just look Asian.

I think the Asians have an interesting cultures and seem to be willing to work hard, some come off a little uptight some come of as outgoing and fun.

Most asians I've ever met were cool people.

Im biracial (black&white) Who cares what people think, personally I love asian people! Theres alot of racist people, but every race is beautiful

Indifferent.

Asians are individuals and I treat them as such.

I like them

They are usually nice. I don't have a problem with any race.

辛い思いしたはるんやね

ワイは生まれも京都、

京都育ちの京都っ子や

せやから人種差別がどないなもんかは

まだわからへん、

せやけどその話し聞いてショック受けたわ

(まぁこのサイトもそないもんで溢かえっとるが)

やけど、んなもん無視して日本人として誇り持てば

ええんちゃう?

これからも気張ってや! (^O^)

now gimme a BA!