Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Med School?

I'm a junior in high school and after i graduate I'm considering going to med school

i just had some questions

what are the classes like?

is it hard?

how do the teachers teach?

what classes did you take?

if you already graduated

was it worth it?

is being a doctor or nurse how they show you on t.v?

anything you can tell would be greatly appreciated

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The classes are full of difficult information thrown at you quickly. You test regulalrly. For most physicians, med school is one of the most difficult things they've ever done.

Most of the classes are predetermined so everyone graduates with similar training/knowledge. Your student placements will vary, but this isn't in classroom learning.

Worth it is a totally individual thing. Most physicians I know are happy doing what they do, or at least are satisfied. I know one physician who quit in his forties to pursue other things, but he's the only one I really know of who was totally dissatisfied with his career.

Being a physician or nurse is nothing like TV. There are very few mystery diseases. It is not a catastrophe of the week. You aren't bathed in golden light when you care for a NICU baby. There aren't chiristmas miracles. ER started off pretty realistic and then went to lala land.

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

The most important thing is get into a college with a high acceptance rate to med school. Then excel in your pre-med.

Check out the link for a lot of info you may find interesting on this topic.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You're skipping a small detail: before "med school" comes four years of college undergraduate studies. I guarantee you the reality of healthcare is NOT like TV. TV is an entertainment medium - not an educational one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.