promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it legal for a military member to own brass knuckles per section g of 2C:39-3 Prohibited Weapons and Devices of New Jersey's legal code?

It states:g. Exceptions. (1) Nothing in subsection a., b., c., d., e., f., j. or k. of this section shall apply to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or except as otherwise provided, to any law enforcement officer while actually on duty or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty, provided that his possession of the prohibited weapon or device has been duly authorized under the applicable laws, regulations or military or law enforcement orders. Nothing in subsection h. of this section shall apply to any law enforcement officer who is exempted from the provisions of that subsection by the Attorney General. Nothing in this section shall apply to the possession of any weapon or device by a law enforcement officer who has confiscated, seized or otherwise taken possession of said weapon or device as evidence of the commission of a crime or because he believed it to be possessed illegally by the person from whom it was taken, provided that said law enforcement officer promptly notifies his superiors o

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In order to be in possession, you must

1. Be on duty or traveling to or from duty station, and

2. Be authorized by your unit to possess them.

Yes, you would have to have permission from your unit. That isn't going to happen.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is it legal for a military member to own brass knuckles per section g of 2C:39-3 Prohibited Weapons and Devices of New Jersey's legal code?

It states:g. Exceptions. (1) Nothing in subsection a., b., c., d., e., f., j. or k. of this section shall apply to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or except as otherwise provided, to any law enforcement officer while actually on duty or traveling to or...

Source(s): legal military member brass knuckles section 2c 39 3 prohibited weapons devices jersey 39 legal code: https://shortly.im/xpqII
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

While on duty. Since you are not allowed brass knuckles on duty the answer is no.

• 5 years ago

Thanks. I was just wondering because I live in a state where they are fully legal and I needed to know whether to leave them in Virginia when I move or not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.