Geography Facts : Week 18 - PLEASE HELP?

Hi, I have a few geography facts I need help with :

1.How many islands are within Indonesia?

2.How many seas are among the islands of Indonesia?

3. What is the continent/country south of Indonesia?

4. What are the seas surrounding Australia?

5. What are the political divisions of Australia called?

6. What is the Capital of Australia?

7. If you flew to New Zealand from Australia what direction would you go?

8. How many miles across is Australia?

9. How many countries are there in Africa?

10. If you flew from Angola to Argentina what direction would you go?

THANK YOU!!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Best Answer

1.How many islands are within Indonesia? : Counting them is an ill-defined task. Estimated put them at 30000 though. Sunda archipelago is (that is its name) the largest with some of the biggest islands in it each bigger than any of a dozen European countries - New Guinea [2ᶯ ͩ ], Borneo [3 ͬ ͩ ], Sumatra [6 ͭ ͪ ], Sulawesi [11 ͭ ͪ ], Java [13 ͭ ͪ ]. Great Britain is 8 ͭ ͪ.

2.How many seas are among the islands of Indonesia?: South China, Banda, Timor, Java, Sulu, Flores, Sulawesi, Ceram Seas & straits of Malacca that is virtually a gulf, Makassar strait, Molucca passage, Teluk Irian as well as the bays & gulfs of the funnily (K) shaped Sulawesi island (Telik s Tomoni, Tolo, Bono). I wonder whether God knew Latin alphabet when shaping the islands Sulawesi & Halmahera or how the Latins knew these island shapes while inventing letter - K !

3. What is the continent/country south of Indonesia? : Australia

4. What are the seas surrounding Australia? : Pacific & Indian Oceans as well as their extended parts like the Great Australian Bight, Tasman Sea, Arafura Sea, Joseph Bonaparte Gulf, Gulf of Carpentaria, Bass strait besides some close to the shore - coves, bays, gulfs & sounds.

5. What are the political divisions of Australia called? : Northern territory, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, West Australia & Tasmania (Island).

6. What is the Capital of Australia? : Canberra

7. If you flew to New Zealand from Australia what direction would you go? : SE

8. How many miles across is Australia? : 5000 km east-west & 3000 km north-south.

9. How many countries are there in Africa? : 54

10. If you flew from Angola to Argentina what direction would you go? : WSW

Source(s): my notes, The World in Figures (Victor Showers), John Wiley
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.