Tim asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 years ago

Why do females get mad if males don't put the seat down?

If a male leaves the seat up, all the female has to do is put it down. When females leave the toilet they never put the seat up for males, so every time males piss they have to lift the seat up .there's an occasional freebie if we have to ****, but females expect to never have to do any of the work,and become angry if they can't blow their guts out the second they walk into the bathroom. Why?

Well whenever you have to take a dump you need to put the seat down. So after you take a dump do you put the seat back up to set up for your next pee pee?

It actually looks more tidy to have both the seat and lid down. Also when you flush the toilet with the lid up all those germs are rising through that effervescent. It's just cleaner to have the lid down.

I tell you what I don't like though. When a man doesn't lift the seat to pee and claims he has good aim. Thst **** splashes. Gross. I'd rather put down a toilet seat any day over that.

It's "work" to put down the seat? I think seats should be put down, it's not a cinema. Toilets without the seats down look clinical and well, like a urinal wiating for use. It's like leaving the toothpaste lid off. It's ready for use but looks messy.

Laziness first comes to mind, but this is a reason to start a fight. You should know that females are never happy unless they are in a shouting match, then they can tear up and look for the sympathy vote. You then back down and apologise, then realise you have don nothing wrong! But don't worry, this will be bought up again sometime in the following weeks so you will never forget it.

They don't want to touch the toilet seat. There is a thing called the "hovering method", women could quit whining about men not putting the toilet seat down, they should use that. They could also take a piece of tissue or use their feet to put it down.

• John

The whole toilet seat thing is the quintessential example of the problem with the feminist mindset. It's this attitude that they have to have the best situation and basically to be served by men. It's funny that such a trivial issue is the perfect example of this whole problem. They won't give an inch. It's selfishness personified.

• Nessie

I only get mad if people don't put the lid down - don't want my pets drinking out of the toilet.

I completely agree. It's said to be good manners or something ridiculous like that.

With males and females having equil rights these days we shouldn't be told to lift the toilet seat down after using it. Women are quite capable of lifting it down for themselves!

Maybe women could start lifting the toilet seat up for us men after they've used it!

• Lisa

I dont really give a sh*t if its left up or down seems to be a matter of laziness on both ends neither can take 2 seconds to put the damn thing down and its become some global issue for decades.

John has made issue understandable by even the densest of women. I might add that it's one of the last trivial tidbits in the so-called "Feminine Mystique" arsenal,,,Well, Feminine Mystique is just about dead, ladies. Didn't you get the memo?

I've never gotten mad about a toilet seat not being put down. I don't understand it either.