Cosplay!!!! (anime help)?

I am about to start going to a cosplay convention. And I have a few questions. Please help!! Thanks :) 1. How old do you need to be? (i'm 15) 2. Do you have to dress as a anime character? (Its hard for me to find a anime character to go as because i'm of a darker skin tone. Like caramel and i'm a girl.... show more I am about to start going to a cosplay convention. And I have a few questions. Please help!! Thanks :)

1. How old do you need to be? (i'm 15)
2. Do you have to dress as a anime character? (Its hard for me to find a anime character to go as because i'm of a darker skin tone. Like caramel and i'm a girl. And there aren't many options. If you know any tan anime girls can you list???)
3. How much does it cost? (maybe an estimate)
4. What if you go alone? (No one from my school really does cosplay, but they like anime. So I might go alone or with my cousin or something. Is it okay going alone for first timers?)
5 What goes on at cosplay? And how long does it normally take?
6. Is there only one cosplay convention that goes around? (I heard people say that their are many conventions but i don't know. The only one I know of is the cosplay.com one. Is there any others?)
7. Do you need to buy like a ticket in advance or so? (like on the cosplay website)
8. Should I try to find someone online like IG or Kik to meet with? (like I said I might go alone and I don't know maybe I should look around to find if anyone goes?)
Any other tips or help would help, like your first cosplay story??? . Thanks !!! :) I'll choose the best answer.