Delaney asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 6 years ago

Questions about YG Entertainment auditions?

Hi, I am going to audition for YG Entertainemnt, but I have a few questions.

1. I am full Chinese, but I don't know any language besides English, I know I would be taught Korean, but is this a problem? I've learned very simple greetings.

2. Do I have a good chance of getting accepted sending an email? I'm not anywhere close for an actual audition.

3. I am planning to do one rap verse in English and also a Korean song. Eyes, Nose, Lips, by Taeyang. I know people say don't do songs made by the company, but I feel like it fits me. Is this a good idea? On Mix & Match, one of the teams did Eyes, Nose Lips, so I thought I would be fine.

4. Not about the audition, but how many years do most YG trainees train for? I don't think I've heard of any idol training for only 2 years, mostly 3+.

Thanks so much!

• Tamaki
    Favorite Answer

- As long as you have the talent they're looking for, I don't think it will be a problem.

-Chances of getting to the next round are much higher if you go for an actual live audition instead of e-mail, but if you don't have a choice, then e-mail is the only way. There is a chance, obviously, but it's always better to go for live auditions.

- If it is what fits you, then go for it.

- On average, probably 3. I don't know of any YG idols that trained for less than that, but I do know of idols from other companies who only trained for a year, maybe a little less, like IU and Amber.

Hello,

No, it won't be a problem.

Not really, even if you get accepted through an email, you'll need to audition live.

Well, if you feel like it fits you, then go for it. The judges there might compare you with Taeyang, though, so you better be really prepared for the song. The people on Mix & Match are already trainees, but you're fine. Just keep practicing.

It's usually 2-7 years. I've heard idols train for 2 years or under, but they're from a different company.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1. Nope, not a problem at all. They'll teach you, eventually.

2. Erm, as for this, I can't give you a definite answer, as the chances of email audition is lower compared to those who audition on the spot, but that doesn't make it impossible.

3. Audition with any song you feel best. You're supposed to show them what you've got, make them impressed by you and show them why should they take you in as a trainee. So just sing or rap whatever song you like.

4. Depends on how fast you progress and whether the company is planning to debut a team or not. If you're fortunate and you get a chance to debut already even though you only got in, then you only train for a short amount of time. But, that comes with a price, that is you must train extra hard to keep up with those who are already selected.

Hope this helps. Good luck!