Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Have you ever had a measles vaccination? Regardless of when it was?

I'd like to know if you've ever had a measles vaccination. I know you might not remember it, but if you're reasonably aware of your health history, you probably know whether or not you've had one. Could you also give me the decade in which you were born - 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc.?

Thanks for your help!

I know you might not remember the actual event (most people get their first vaccine at about four months of age, so of course I don't expect you to remember THAT!)

Just kinda curious about it. Thanks :-)

In the interest of full disclosure - I had measles before the vaccines existed, so I have "naturally-acquired" immunity (meaning that it didn't kill me, so I have the antibodies). But I'm curious about others' status.

Favorite Answer

No; I had all the various kinds of measles before they developed the vaccine. I also had chicken pox, mumps, rubella, and pretty much all those other diseases. The polio vaccine was developed a year after I was born, so I got THAT at least, and I *did* have whooping cough, tetanus, and diptheria immunizations, thankfully, as well as being part of the last generation to get smallpox immunizations. I still have the scars from those two immunizations on my left arm.

I was born in the 50s.

• Snid

Nope. I had the measles, too. Just the regular kind and not rubella (German measles). I also had the mumps and chicken pox and a few years ago had shingles. I had polio and small pox vaccines (still have the scar, too) as well as whooping cough, tetanus, and diptheria. Oh, and TB because my aunt developed TB.

Friends of ours both got whooping cough and were told that vaccine wears out.

I was born in the late 40's. My kids and grand kids all were immunized.

• Gary K

If you want anecdotal reports of adverse reactions following MMR vaccination, just go to the VAERS database. Keep in mind correlation does not imply causation.

I had all of them.(50s).

Yes, still got it though.

Yes iv had the injection.....