JimZ
JimZ asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 6 years ago

Is UN climate chief Rajendra Pachauri in more trouble?

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/un-climat...

"The world’s top climate change official has protested his innocence after being accused of sexual harassment by a 29-year-old researcher at his organisation."

Rajendra is claiming people hacked into his computers apparently in an attempt to explain the emails.

Why didn't he think of that when his paper predicted the end of glacier in the Himalaya by 2035?

Will Rajendra get thrown under the bus by his fellow alarmists? or

Will Rajendra walk Scott free?

Favorite Answer

The guy is somewhat of a creep IMO. He wrote a steamy novel presumably where he is the lead character who is somewhat of a sex stud: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/...

As for throwing him under the bus, I highly doubt it. The character of skeptics is paramount. The character and integrity of those on board with the cause are irrelevant. That's exactly what the "noble cause corruption" is all about.

Pachauri is an idiot. He's the Casey Jones of the IPCC crowd. That's right, the "UN climate chief" is a railroad engineer. His degrees are in engineer, not anything remotely related to climate science. Regarding your quesiton, knowing the Indian culture, nothing will come of this investigation.

• JimZ

Is this a scandal waiting in the wings or just a passing blip?

I try not to judge someone before I know all the evidence but some of the evidence such as the not so credible claim of someone hacking his computer makes me suspect he is less than honest and certainly his honesty was tested with the exaggerated claims in his past. In the article, he laughingly said that he couldn't be responsible for every word in his paper. Is he responsible for every word in his emails? I don't know. It seems they hand out Nobel prizes to people that aren't very noble.

They aren't really related Lin except as it relates to his credibility, his ick factor, and his future.

• S

no and it will not change 150 years of physics.