What Steam game(s) is/are worth buying?

Just made a Steam account. I've started out with purchasing games like Portal 2, Borderlands, Garry's Mod, etc. I'm not really concerned about price. Mainly interested in open-world and FPS games:)

Favorite Answer

My steam list is almost as large as a dictionary (okay, still have a ways to go), but I've only played about 1/4th of it. See, that's where Valve gets its money from. You see a game for $2, you pick it up regardless, even if you are only mildly interested. Pretty soon, your catalog is overflowing with games that you've never even installed (I've probably never even installed 30 or more). So, having said that, there are some games on Steam that you HAVE TO pick and and HAVE TO play. If you don't, you are missing out on some of the best games ever created (believe me). So, before spending your money on any other games that you aren't exactly interested in, pick up these must-have titles FIRST, then resume the buying madness (or at least save some money for a daily deal on these awesome games). Here's a list, complete with a few of my favorite games. My tastes vary greatly, so you'll see many different genres (pick around the ones you don't like). These are in no particular order (meaning no game is "better" or "worse" depending on placement, I don't have time for that). So, with that being said, let's get to the list!

The Longest Journey

Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition

Postal 2 Complete

Unreal Tournament 2004

Doom

Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition

Quake 3 Arena

Alan Wake

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Max Payne (series)

Arma (series)

Mafia

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Exodus

Company of Heroes

Mount and Blade Warband (with Napoleonic Wars)

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Hitman Blood Money

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Rainbow Six 3

Valve

Keep in mind, there ARE more, I just don't have the time to write them, so don't come bashing for not including an "essential" game (like Bioshock for example).

• MaX

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

- Tomb Raider

- Fallout 3: GOTY

- Fallout: New Vegas

- Mount & Blade

- all Assassin's Creed games

- Far Cry 4

- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

are worth buying. Also, visit https://www.humblebundle.com/ to find cheap Steam games usually provided in bundle