What would happen if it started raining knives?

For my Hunger Games fanfic. Please give a serious answer.

Favorite Answer

It's not hard to kill someone with a knife. I can easily sink my throwing knives into a tree trunk even without a lot of power behind my throws. And, being cut with a knife HURTS. Especially when it slips from my hands. If it began raining knives...

People outside would be injured or they'd die, and houses would suffer huge damage (broken shingles, cracked overhangs perfect for termites, etc.)

If you mean that the character was in the arena when the rains began, then most likely, unless he/she seeks immediate shelter under a thick (extremely) canopy of branches and leaves or an actual shelter (if made of wood, a higher roof), he/she would be severely injured. Unless, again, he/she is miraculously able to dodge all those falling knives. :] Wouldn't that be fun? Dodgeball with your life as the stakes?

It would depend on the height from which the knives are falling, how large and heavy the knives are, and how sharp, so you could have a range of anything from some nasty gashes to total decapitation. You can pick the intensity based on the results you want, but be warned that it would probably tend towards the nasty side. If the rain is intense enough to kill anyone it will probably leave the others with severed limbs or other irreversible injuries. If you want to keep a character relatively unscathed and still kill others you might have the others lying down, so that the knifes fall penetrate the less protected chest or abdomen, instead of the body head and shoulders.

• 10K.BC

Well, if you can't get to shelter, it would suck, but you probably don't have to worry about it for long -- or anything else for that matter.

If can get to shelter, just wait for the rain to end, and you have your pick of free knives.

If it started raining knives, I would close the book, set it down, and never finish it.

They would probably fly sharp side down and if they were flying from a high area it would have the power to land in someone's skull. It would be a very quick death for pretty much all people involved.

If you would rather torture than kill I would go for razor blades. They are light so they wouldn't have the power to break through bone, but it could seriously maim the people involved. Happy writing!

Easy death, lots and lots of blood.

However, this is an idea used in Adventure Time. Some people might not be all too happy about that fact.

Injuries and death for those outside.

Widespread panic

Twitter storm

Nothing says they have to fall point down. Or even edge down.

Rene Magritte would have a new subject.

• Dinner is served