MinA asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

Mom doesn't want me to get hair extensions?

Hi im 13, my hair is really short, i liked it at first and my mom was the person that made me hate it saying long hair suits girls, short hair isn't for girls and stuff like that. Now i found cheaper clip-in extensions but my mom says NO WAY she is buying them, im too young, she would be too embarassed for me to wear them at school. yes but my hair is raelly damn short, doesn't want to grow at all, i can't spend all my days crying about it. She also doesnt want me to try hair growth methods and masks, she wants me to be only natural. How do i convice this woman to get me the hair extensions? Btw i told my aunt and she said she might buy it,idk mom wont allow it

Favorite Answer

"Now i found cheaper clip-in extensions but my mom says NO WAY she is buying them, im too young, she would be too embarassed for me to wear them at school. "

I agree with your mom. Not only frequent wear of hair extensions, can cause hair to fall out or THINNER.

Google: Kim Kardashian's Bald Spots Jan 8 14.

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline. A hair transplant patient of mine, damaged his hair permanently by wearing it tightly pulled back in his early 20s.”

There are millions of girls your age, with short hair!

GROWING healthy long hair comes from your good genes, GOOD HAIR CARE (hair extensions, and using heat or chemicals are not part of those), and eating all the healthy foods from Mother Nature, not sold @ GNC stores, and not using hair growth pills or using hair products, or masks.

Mother's knows best! Listen to your mom.

Instead be creative with the short hair that you have now, and wait for compliments to start coming.

Examples of hairstyles to create: Google Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson, Natalie Portman.

When your hair's wet, bobby pin curl your hair. Blow dry briefly, or sleep over night. When you take the pins out, brush or finger comb.

STYLES FOR SHORT HAIR:

Twill. Set. Then let tight coils free.

Try an A-line cut on a smooth, shiny bob. Top with fedora hat.

Do side-swept bangs for a feminine touch.

A tip for pulling off pink: Add layered diminution.

Let wash & wear hair air-dry for boing-y curls.

Create a casual undo with bobby pins galore.

A newsboy cap: your secret weapon.

Fancify a shaggy bob with vintage accessories.

Create texture on a piecey pixie cut.

Show-off your smile with a face-framing close crop.

Do a chic center part with a tiny little pony and pair it with a red lip for a sleek look.

Do a swirl hawk. Bedazzle your phone to match.

Short hair grows out quickly, so you can constantly play around and change up your cut. So how do you avoid that bulbous mom crop? Ask for a razor cut. If it’s cut blunt, it will fall into a (bowl) but if it’s razored, you can mold it into any shape with hair wax. If you’ve got curly hair, get a similar shape to your cut by buzzing an area underneath and styling the curls over your eyes.

Google: hairstyles for short hair. About 3,110,000 results (0.40 seconds)

Google: 5 tips to style cropped hair Aug. 3, 2014.

I'm sorry but i don't think these are a good idea, but if i may offer a less expensive and safer Extension would be wax extensions, they are about two dollars per Extension and they come in a variety of colors, i get 6 pink ones every summer, they fall out after 3 months... please just consider this as an alternative. :):):)

There are natural mask you could use that she wont notice like egg yolk and olive oil with honey mix and sit in your hair for 30 min before you shampoo. Inversion works to you flip your head over and rub your scalp for 4 minutes set an alarm once a day to stimulate growth. Any if your aunt gets you clip in extensions... you can put them on on your way to school. They are really easy I wore a scarf and did mine in the bathroom once when i had to catch a train in a rush.

Medium size hair because it is easy to handle and you can still carry out most of the hairstyles

well short hair makes you seem much more clean and it makes you seem like you have a good perception of style and long makes you seem more manly and playful

try doing the inverse method, it helps your hair grow fast!

buy them yourself. babysit or something.