I'm a panromantic homosexual, but Ifeel more comfortable saying I'm a lesbian. Isthat okay?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's put it this way: I think that some men are physically attractive. Someone like Leonardo DiCaprio for instance. But I have no kind of other attraction toward him (or any other guys, for that matter). But toward women, I am physically, sexually, emotionally, romantically attracted to them (and any other attraction you can think of). I call myself a lesbian because…I am one. Don't you see how? I'd never be able to be with a man in the way I could be with a woman. I'm just not built that way.

If sexual and romantic attraction are essential for you in a relationship, I don't see how you'd be able to be in anything other than a lesbian relationship. If sex is essential for you in a relationship, I don't see how you'd really be able to distinguish panromanticism from homoromanticism, at least where it counts. If you want to base a relationship on romantic attraction, then I suppose that would be an entirely different case. It's up to you, in the end.

• 5 years ago

Sure. I suppose technically I am a panromantic predominately female-orientated genderfluid homosexual (i.e. most of the time I identify as a girl and am attracted to girls, but sometimes I identify as a guy and like other guys and all the time could have romantic feelings towards anyone) but that's one hell of a mouthful to say, let alone explain, when "bisexual" is a far more convenient lazy shorthand.

• 5 years ago

It's fine.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think "panromantic" is linguistic gibberish, but you can call yourself anything you like. If you're sexually attracted to women, I don't know what term is more accurate than "lesbian."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lava
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

I'd be more comfortable with that too.

• G
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Of course, the terms may not be the same but the meaning is close enough for you to convey it to whoever you're talking to.

For example I'm pescetarian, but i call myself vegetarian for ease of conveying "please don't try to feed me meat".

• 5 years ago

You are a lesbian.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.