I'm a panromantic homosexual, but Ifeel more comfortable saying I'm a lesbian. Isthat okay?

Favorite Answer

Let's put it this way: I think that some men are physically attractive. Someone like Leonardo DiCaprio for instance. But I have no kind of other attraction toward him (or any other guys, for that matter). But toward women, I am physically, sexually, emotionally, romantically attracted to them (and any other attraction you can think of). I call myself a lesbian because…I am one. Don't you see how? I'd never be able to be with a man in the way I could be with a woman. I'm just not built that way.

If sexual and romantic attraction are essential for you in a relationship, I don't see how you'd be able to be in anything other than a lesbian relationship. If sex is essential for you in a relationship, I don't see how you'd really be able to distinguish panromanticism from homoromanticism, at least where it counts. If you want to base a relationship on romantic attraction, then I suppose that would be an entirely different case. It's up to you, in the end.

Sure. I suppose technically I am a panromantic predominately female-orientated genderfluid homosexual (i.e. most of the time I identify as a girl and am attracted to girls, but sometimes I identify as a guy and like other guys and all the time could have romantic feelings towards anyone) but that's one hell of a mouthful to say, let alone explain, when "bisexual" is a far more convenient lazy shorthand.

It's fine.

I think "panromantic" is linguistic gibberish, but you can call yourself anything you like. If you're sexually attracted to women, I don't know what term is more accurate than "lesbian."

• Lava

I'd be more comfortable with that too.

• G

Of course, the terms may not be the same but the meaning is close enough for you to convey it to whoever you're talking to.

For example I'm pescetarian, but i call myself vegetarian for ease of conveying "please don't try to feed me meat".

You are a lesbian.