Anonymous

Why don't Southern Europeans like Americans?

Hi I am a Japanese foreign exchange student. I notice there is a lot of strife between Southern Europeans and Americans. Americans find them fascinating. Look at our I mean their movies. They are always making movies about Rome, Ancient Greece. Americans have no problem with Southern Europeans. Why don't Southern Europeans like Americans?

• Magui
    Favorite Answer

I am Southern European and I like Americans. As anywhere else in the world there are good and bad people, classy and non.classy people, etc. (You can't take it serious some trolling I do, Celestine.)

But then wtf was John Kerry doing when he recently visited Ukraine. Selling guns, giving guns? The French President and the German Chancellor went there and then to Moscow to talk about peace but John Kerry went there to supply guns? wtf! They keep on fueling that stupid conflict and poor civilians get caught in the middle. (This is my opinion as an individual and it has nothing to do with the fact that I am from South Western Europe. Yes, South and Western and not just Southern.)

Imperialism. The US, with no real cause, started the Mexican American War and took the entire southwestern part of the continent from Mexico. Secret agents, most likely American, blew up the battleship Maine in Havana Harbor to provoke the Spanish American War. The US ripped Cuba and the Philippines from Spanish control. After that America used 'gunboat diplomacy' to force Colombia to recognize Panama as an independent country. With that done the US built the Panama Canal.

The US overthrew the govt. of Guatemala in 1953, and almost started a nuclear war with Cuba in the Cuban Missile Crisis. During the 1980's the Reagan administration illegally funded the so called 'contras', prolonging a civil war beyond any reason. The US overthrew the democratically elected government of Salvador Allende in Chile, which allowed the Chilean navy to round up and torture and kill tens of thousands of students without any sort of trial at all, because they were communists, or friends of communists, or relatives of communists, or suspected friends of communists, or suspected friends of friends.

It's no exaggeration to say the US has bloody hands.

Maybe it's because the Spanish are feeling solidarity with all the illegal latinos that the US hates.... Maybe it's because the Italians are tired with Hollywood churning out films that show them as either Roman imperialists or gangsters or that the Greeks are tired of being portrayed as ferocious drunks or ferocious Spartans..... Maybe it's because folk from the Balkans are generally regarded as drug/human trafficking thieves.... Maybe the truth is that not all Southern Europeans hate Americans/the US and everyone has their own preconceived racist stereotyped hatreds?

From my experience ,the southern Europeans did not considered the Americans as the old Eurpean people, who share the same traditional civilization or social value.

I heard someone suggest to one American that, if you would like to be treated well as one of them, then pretend telling them that you come from some European countries nearby then you will enjoy better and friendly welcoming atmosphere.

This hold true even fifty years ago.

Americans have a big problem with Southern Europeans. They even invented a racial slur (Hispanic) to describe Southern European white people who weren't considered white enough to be considered worthy of being American.

• Alan
      5 years agoReport

"Hispanic" was coined in the 1970s by Mexican-American US government employee, Grace Flores-Hughes. Proud of her Mexican heritage, she wanted a word that could describe people from Spanish-speaking cultures. She didn't want to use "Latino" as that would include Italian and Portuguese cultures.

I think it's just a large number of Serbs who may not be fond of Americans because we took the sides of Bosnians, Croats, and Albanians in their wars throughout the 1990s.

Because American are uncivilised and all of the guys are circumcised , also a lot of American are mixed with non whites .... so they feel "eww" to american....

we think you are without a culture,food,ugly people

bady

Black troll