Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 years ago

Can pornography become an addiction? Does it apply to internet porn?

How would you treat it if it's an addiction?

I honestly don't know...

I'm addicted to Adderall and cigarettes and the game Ikariam. I suspect i could add another item to this list but idk if it's a real thing...Please advise

Also I'm not joking, I'm heavily addicted and currently abusing Aderall in high doses, I'm glued to Ikariam and I'm chain smoking newport 100s. I've been awake for over 4 days now...I really need help, and have no idea what to do...again not joking, 100% serious right now...

Favorite Answer

I will have to blame your uber-dosing of Adderal here.

With your enhanced mood, alertness, euphoria (from the activities & sites) and probable insomnia,

you are digging yourself a hole that is taking dead aim at addiction, and you're doing it well.

Porn, from any source, is no different --- and if you do not have the wherewithal to disengage,

or create *time away* from what you are doing, you will be maintaining full-fledged addiction.

Bring your dosages into check, and then get yourself there too --- even you know .... it *will* work.

Anything can become an addiction.

When producing high school plays all of us student would show up for practice at 7:00 pm every night for six weeks straight to prepare. When the play was over and we could relax during our evening, every single one of us were complaining about needing to leave our homes at 7:00pm every night for two or three weeks after that. What we experienced is a real form of addiction.

Addiction is a routine that our brains are unable to let go of. And it can be literally anything.

Yes, and yes. There is therapy offered for this addiction and also anonymous local groups that cater to those with this addiction and offer resources as well as any help that is needed to stop this addiction.

Just like sex itself, if you have an addictive personality, then your answer is most likely. Yes.

Yup.

• Naguru

The wearer only knows where the shoe pinches.

Source(s): own.